• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Barrel tensioner kit

Tensioning the barrel will always be a positive. Even with pellets you will see a stiffer barrel will be better for your overall performance.

Fx makes a kit, but the tensioner is hollow and doesn't touch the barrel.
BulletCentral makes one that has a thicker tensioner that actually touches the outer barrel to help with rigidity. There is a thread up in the industry section talking about them.
There have been a few people making custom kits as well.

So there are options.

Reactions: Junglecat64
Tensioning the barrel will always be a positive. Even with pellets you will see a stiffer barrel will be better for your overall performance.

BulletCentral makes one that has a thicker tensioner that actually touches the outer barrel to help with rigidity. There is a thread up in the industry section talking about them.

So there are options.
Thank you.....I will check it out!!

Thank you.....I will check it out!!
I got the bullet central version with the shroud. The barrel is very stiff now and accuracy improved. Next I’m going to epoxy in a carbon liner sleeve for added stiffness in the liner. Should make it extra stiff and hopefully even more accurate.

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if a barrel tensioner kit is worth the money for increasing accuracy? I have a fx maverick 25 cal with 700mm barrel. Not shooting slugs yet just pellets.
Also....where can I purchase one???
TIA
Perry
I just got a 700 mm tensioner system for my impact yesterday and will see how it works in comparison to the home brew spacer method. Its only marginally more sturdy than putting a spacer over the barrel tube but between your shroud and gun body. Ive made 2 versions for my impact and 1 for my buddies mav that also needs to be tried. You have to be careful with this type that you dont pull the barrel adapter out of the gun at the breech end. It halved my groups and still allowed me to use the harmonic tuner to adjust further. Tensioning seemed to make a bigger difference for me at 50 lb/ft amd above, below that a tuner did well.

So there are options.
HI
can you pls share the dimesions of the carbon sleeve(OD and ID ) taht goes over the barrel in the tensioner system
thanx

I can verify that the Carbon Fiber tube you need is 20mm OD x 14mm ID
800mm%20tensioner%20tube.jpg

Barrel%20Compare.jpg

Stuart

Also here is how I get consistent tension on my barrel/harmonic shroud setup using the CF spacer tube...
I use a 1/2-20 flange nut with oversized washer, attached to the moderator extension insert..
To control torque I use my trusty in-lbs torque wrench.
20221112_120707.jpg

I start at 60 in-lbs. Then tighten the front barrel support clamp.
Then I finish with a final 80 in-lbs torque...
20221112_120758.jpg

To remove the Nut I use large channel-locks to grip the washer. The spin off the nut.
This strictly my starting point to test!
BTW. I can easily unscrew the shroud by hand.....
So when I was just tightening by hand....the torque applied was a bit higher!!

Reactions: 6gun