• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Barrel swap fx impact .25

Took out the impact out to do some groups at 50 and 100 yards for the first time. I was using jsb 25g going about 910 fps at max and at min is was 880 fps. Wind was light 4 mph. At 50 it was a tack driver giving me 3/4 to 1/2. So it was time to stretch it out to a hundred. The truth reared its ugly head and the groups were horrible 3-4 inches. It didn't make a lot of sense at first. So I took off the shroud and still had the same result. I slowed the pellet to 880 fps a little improvement but 2 1/2 -3 inches was not going to cut it. Got in touch with the dealer and got a barrel swap. So I took out the new barrel shooting the pellet at 900 fps and thank goodness it was doing 1-2" at 100 yards. The old barrel might have a bad twist rate or whatever I was lucky to catch this right away. When I get a new gun from now on 50 yards is obsolete straight to 100 yards.

Your title is a bit misleading.

Now don't take this the wrong way because I don't know anything about you (except I vaguely recall you saying that you were selling all of your airguns to move to a country that didn't allow them), but 1-2'' groups at 100 yards is pretty respectable. Of course everyone wants to shoots sub MOA. But what most people don't realize is that every airgun & every barrel is different. I've heard stories about all kinds of barrels, including Olympic barrels that will win metals at short distances but won't hit the broad side of a barn at longer distances. 

You may have to change up some variables to find the sweet spot:
  • Pellet choice
  • Speed
  • Bench
  • Breathing
  • Trigger
  • Hold
  • Wind

Do you have another rifle that you can routinely shoot sub MOA? 
You mentioned that this rifle is new to you, "first time out". Perhaps it requires a different technique?
If you are an experienced shooter and think that the airgun should perform better then you may want to revisit some of the variables. For example, I believe Ted said that the magic number for his Impact in .25 was 830-850 fps (but I think that was the 31g).

Let us know if you can improve upon your 100 yard groups, and include some pictures too!

"Michael"Your title is a bit misleading.

Now don't take this the wrong way because I don't know anything about you (except I vaguely recall you saying that you were selling all of your airguns to move to a country that didn't allow them), but 1-2'' groups at 100 yards is pretty respectable. Of course everyone wants to shoots sub MOA. But what most people don't realize is that every airgun & every barrel is different. I've heard stories about all kinds of barrels, including Olympic barrels that will win metals at short distances but won't hit the broad side of a barn at longer distances. 

You may have to change up some variables to find the sweet spot:
  • Pellet choice
  • Speed
  • Bench
  • Breathing
  • Trigger
  • Hold
  • Wind

Do you have another rifle that you can routinely shoot sub MOA? 
You mentioned that this rifle is new to you, "first time out". Perhaps it requires a different technique?
If you are an experienced shooter and think that the airgun should perform better then you may want to revisit some of the variables. For example, I believe Ted said that the magic number for his Impact in .25 was 830-850 fps (but I think that was the 31g).

Let us know if you can improve upon your 100 yard groups, and include some pictures too!

I put the moving overseas on hold since our business is in a crawl stage and will not sustain my family financially. Sorry this topic was poorly written and I will do a better job next time. The topic headline should have been barrel swap. The first barrel I believed had a big issue with accuracy with the jsb kings 25g even at really low speed like 850 fps. I also tried the jsb heavies at 800 fps and they were all over the place 3'' groups 100 yards. What I noticed is that around 80 yards the pellet was flashing me through my scope which is a sign of instability. At 50 yards they were grouping really well but some where between 50-100 they started to lose control. I could have done move I know by trying different type of pellet but over the years I made a decision that jsb are the only pellets for me. I have done many groups at long distance with many different types of pellet with different type of guns and the jsb always came on top especially the kings. After I received the new barrel and swapped it out with the old one it was like night and day even at 920 fps the groups held tight.I lowered it at 900 fps and all I could say is that this gun is super accurate. For my style of shooting I prefer shooting long distance and sacrificing my pellet speed would make the trajectory loopy. I would post some pictures but I don't have photo bucket. And yes I have gun that do sub moa and one particularly gun the vulcan .25 did it three times in a row but the regulator went out on that and I had to send it out for a fix which is kinda depressing. I just hope things will settle down so I can enjoy shooting my guns again.