Barrel polishing

A Teflon coated Dewey Rod with circle shaped patch made by DEWEY for your caliber will never harm your rifling. The rotating handle follows the rifling . JB bore paste on patches yield perfection. Pull thru's are just as good. My experience is.....crappy barrels see signifigant improvement. Accurate barrels has absolutely no SIGNIFIGANT improvement. 

Stay away from Flitz. Waste of time.

Barrel polishing has always intrigued me, both in centerfire guns and now air rifles. I’ve steered away from in cause I don’t understand the lingo to the materials. Like for sure non imbedment? What does that mean? Do you want to use an imbedding compound or non imbedding?

Any links to a bore lapping/polishing read? I’d rather follow instructions thru a read than a YouTube vid.

Based upon what I've gleaned from the World Wide Web, I've settled on a method that works for me, and that I have confidence in. When I receive a new rifle, before I shoot it or do anything else, I break out the JB Non-embedding Bore Paste, slather some on a brass brush or cotton swab, and go down and back in the barrel like twenty times. I'll clean this out with Hoppes #9, and final clean with patches. I plagiarized this method from a blog whose author I respect greatly, and from others who use the same method. One gentleman whose opinion I also trust suggests that using the brush with the paste is a waste of effort and suggests using a swab, and I've done that also. I use JB paste because it's designed for the job, but I'm sure not gonna dispute those who use other materials. Again, if a guy uses a particular product or method and has excellent results, and has confidence in it, well, who am I to say?

I will strongly aver that the initial cleaning is just one of the most important things you can do. Even the highest quality air rifles seem to come from the factory with a lotta smutz in the barrel, so I don't want to start laying lead in that barrel before I get the poop out of it! To me, that's just common sense! On the other hand, I've had several come spankin' clean from the factory...

Yarddog, thanks for the confirmation this is what I was planning to do. I have got Patchworm's Tactical Field Kit enroute which includes a small pot of JB and will probably run a couple of the super intensive felt buttons with JB through first then run standard felts/cotton swabs through.

Getting the required bits sent to Turkey was a bit of a hassle but George at Patchworm has been very helpful.

Well, Paul, I must give credit where credit is due...I first learned of that technique via Tom Gaylord who publishes the Pyramyd Air Airgun Academy blog five days a week. Others use the same technique, and it works for me! I am old school and use a Dewey coated rod to get the job done, preferably via the breech end, but if I can't access the breech, my head doesn't start spinning around, I go thru the muzzle end. Some will tell you 'oh no you will destroy the crown/muzzle'...I've been using that method on steel firearms muzzles all my life, my father and grandfather before me, new hurt a steel muzzle yet, but...we must all work within our comfort levels! If you are confident that you will not damage your muzzle, definitely DON'T use a rod on the muzzle! Pretty easy peasy stuff...glad I could help!