• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Barrel mounted wind indicator for TX200

Does anyone know of a barrel mounted wind indicator that I can use on my TX200 HC? The problem Is that there is very little space between the barrel and the under lever to permit something wrapped around the barrel from interfering with the cocking arm. Rowan indicated that they had made one but discontinued it as they could not sell enough of them. JDs Custom Designs said “I haven’t figured out the TX yet.” Any suggestions would be helpful. But for now, I am just tying a piece of yarn around the cocking arm indent at the end of the barrel.

You can use a 1/4 inch zip tie. Have 1/2 inch or less sticking away from barrel, cut off the rest. Drill a hole for an M1 nut and bolt? Then attach the cut off end of the zip tie. That way you can retract the wind indicator when storing the rifle.
I have it on my TX. Still learning how to use it. Cos what you see near your barrel (wind indicator) may not be what pushes the pellet between your barrel and the target. Good luck.

Currently, there's nothing attached to the end of the zip tie. Because they get ripped off so easily.
But I usually use dental floss and long strips of Tyvek (it's what they use to wrap houses to make a vapor barrier? should be almost FREE if you can find a construction site that's wrapping up their houses... or ask for a small sample from Home Depot). Mainly because these are water proof ...just in case you choose to shoot in the rain. Or you could use your yarn.

TX with zip tie wind indicator.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MilDot
You can use a 1/4 inch zip tie. Have 1/2 inch or less sticking away from barrel, cut off the rest. Drill a hole for an M1 nut and bolt? Then attach the cut off end of the zip tie. That way you can retract the wind indicator when storing the rifle.
I have it on my TX. Still learning how to use it. Cos what you see near your barrel (wind indicator) may not be what pushes the pellet between your barrel and the target. Good luck.

Currently, there's nothing attached to the end of the zip tie. Because they get ripped off so easily.
But I usually use dental floss and long strips of Tyvek (it's what they use to wrap houses to make a vapor barrier? should be almost FREE if you can find a construction site that's wrapping up their houses... or ask for a small sample from Home Depot). Mainly because these are water proof ...just in case you choose to shoot in the rain. Or you could use your yarn.

View attachment 297174
The wind closest too your barrel will determine the path the pellet starts on. Great information to have as opposed to no information..