FX Barrel liner?

Question for those who shoot FX airguns:
For cal. Which Barrel liner do you believe has a history of being the most accurate over the years? .177, .22, .25, .30, .35.?.

And if so do you believe it’s the ability to more accurately machine or produce a specific cal. Over other Caliber’s. And or is it combination of barrel caliber and ammunition available for that specific caliber.

Before you start, I know environmental conditions and how to read and adjust for them play a large role in accuracy.

It’s just a question I’ve been kicking around to myself for awhile and know there are huge numbers of FX shooters on this forum that have and shoot many calibers of FX liners.

This liner is a tack driver with the 40gr H&N Heavy slugs and with the 40gr Javelin at 970fps.
20230731_093756.jpg

For average - around a house plinker it really doesn't matter, you overthinking the Q.
For a target shooters there are several options...buy as many liners you can get to your hands and go from there. Be ready for a lot of elbow greasing and have your valet all time with you. Be ready with a good amount of air as well.
My liners and amo I am using most likely won't fit you well....you need to figure your way out.

Do you think the selection of available ammunition comes into play in the .30 cal.?
Not really, .30 was usually the most accurate even when the only choices were 44.75 or 50.15 grain pellets. Now, with other pellets in .30 coming on the scene, like AEA, JTS and ZAN, the .30 is finally catching up to .22 and .25 ballistically. The recent AEA .30 pellets in 45 grain that I tested were neck and neck with the .22 RDMs and .25 Heavy in BC.

I always thought it was funny when shooting Extreme FT or 100Y BR to hear excuse-boys saying "well, I ONLY shot .22", like it was some sort of disadvantage. Not knowing or believing for whatever reason that their .22 RDM BC was 20% better and therefore better in the wind than the .30 caliber pellet. At least it was always good for a chuckle. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: nomojo65
I do know that if you look through last few years of major competitions most of if not all the FX shooters are fielding .30 caliber liners. I also believe the .30 might be easier to produce a more consistent quality barrel with the FX material manufacturers and FX’s process?

I also think it’s easier to tune that caliber to keep the pellet stable out to 100yds. The high velocity’s needed to keep the smaller heavy and much longer pellet for caliber Stable just isn’t needed.

Question for those who shoot FX airguns:
For cal. Which Barrel liner do you believe has a history of being the most accurate over the years? .177, .22, .25, .30, .35.?.

And if so do you believe it’s the ability to more accurately machine or produce a specific cal. Over other Caliber’s. And or is it combination of barrel caliber and ammunition available for that specific caliber.

Before you start, I know environmental conditions and how to read and adjust for them play a large role in accuracy.

It’s just a question I’ve been kicking around to myself for awhile and know there are huge numbers of FX shooters on this forum that have and shoot many calibers of FX liners.

I think your answer is one that lies in the experiences of a very small part of the community as in 10 % or less . This group consisting of the well known and held in high regard of the community let's say Super Tuners ( haha for lack of a better word ) and also those individuals who compete on another level and finish in the top 25 % at the larger events and competitions . The target group would also need to have tried their hand at multiple disciplines to carry any weight for me lol .

I mean no disrespect at all and truly hope that I offend no one here as that is not my objective in any form or way . I just personally take the largest majority of the things I read here especially in recent times with a grain of salt . ;) Their are some very strong opinions on certain matters that are often mistaken or not open to friendly discussion so we all can benefit as a whole . It often turns into a pissing contest of two plow mules haha .

One example ( and there are many) for my opinion ( which is not important to anyone but myself lol . ) is the fact of weather or not they know how to properly tune their pcp or not. If they cannot tune it I would not want any input from them No Offense ! I would not want any input/advice from some one that watched 12 - 45 videos on you-tube and started with Ernest said or I saw A video and Matt/Ted/ insert anyone here and so on , so on and so on said . I would want to contact them personally in a very polite PM or E-mail or phone chat and speak to them directly lol.

There are some absolute Excellent individuals here on our forums with a vast amount of knowledge to share and I am very grateful when they do .

I just think that because of all the different things that alot of people forget to think about and consider are vital to you receiving good info and advice.

Avery short list of people the for example are Centercut = I like Mike and root for him and his team lol , Derrick , Motorhead and on and on ???????? etc. bigHUN is also serious in his pursuits lol .
There are alot more on here as well for you to inquire with .

Just My Honest Opinion in how I would personally go about getting a better answer to something I was interested in learning .

I hope you get some good information from people with experiance and first hand knowledge !

If I offended anyone I am sorry ! lol JMHO
:coffee: