• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Barrel liner

Mix up JB weld standard set, not the 5 minute quick set.
Completely wipe down liner with acetone or rubbing alcohol.
The CF liner sleeve has to be set far back away from where the liner lock would tighten up to, so first slip the liner lock over the muzzle end all the way till it stops at the muzzle, then mark it with a thin point sharpie on the liner where it stopped at. Your CF liner cover should finish off epoxied at about 1/8” away from that mark.
Place a sharpie mark where the CF sleeve stops at on the breech end of the liner. This mark is so you know where to stop applying JB weld at.

Just so you don’t make the mistake, your liner has a scribed groove on one end. That is the breech block end, so don’t accidentally think that’s the muzzle end .

When applying the JB weld epoxy mix I use a pop cycle stick to spread it only the liner, all around. No shiny spots shown. I only apply epoxy mix to 2/3 of the liner, and you’ll see why as you slide the CF sleeve on.
Slide the cf sleeve down starting from muzzle end and spin the sleeve as you slide down, like you’re threading on a nut onto a bolt.
When you come up to the end of the epoxy 2/3 down on your liner you’ll see a bunch of the epoxy has gobbed up. Stop, then spread the rest of that mix on the last 1/3 remaining on your liner. Stop at your sharpie mark.

When the CF liner sleeve is in place on your marks, so one last spin all the way around on your liner, then clean off any excess at the ends with acetone.

Slip on the liner lock back on the muzzle end of your liner to make sure the carbon fiber sleeve is an 1/8” away from it.

Allow to dry in a horizontal position. Done

The CF liner sleeve has to be set far back away from where the liner lock would tighten up to, so first slip the liner lock over the muzzle end all the way till it stops at the muzzle, then mark it with a thin point sharpie on the liner where it stopped at. Your CF liner cover should finish off epoxied at about 1/8” away from that mark.
Place a sharpie mark where the CF sleeve stops at on the breech end of the liner. This mark is so you know where to stop applying JB weld at.

Just so you don’t make the mistake, your liner has a scribed groove on one end. That is the breech block end, so don’t accidentally think that’s the muzzle end .

When applying the JB weld epoxy mix I use a pop cycle stick to spread it only the liner, all around. No shiny spots shown. I only apply epoxy mix to 2/3 of the liner, and you’ll see why as you slide the CF sleeve on.
Slide the cf sleeve down starting from muzzle end and spin the sleeve as you slide down, like you’re threading on a nut onto a bolt.
When you come up to the end of the epoxy 2/3 down on your liner you’ll see a bunch of the epoxy has gobbed up. Stop, then spread the rest of that mix on the last 1/3 remaining on your liner. Stop at your sharpie mark.

When the CF liner sleeve is in place on your marks, so one last spin all the way around on your liner, then clean off any excess at the ends with acetone.

Slip on the liner lock back on the muzzle end of your liner to make sure the carbon fiber sleeve is an 1/8” away from it.

PERFECTway to do it like he said hit your marks lol or youl be sorry after it dries

Do you feel that gluing the sleeve to the barrel improves accuracy?

Do you feel that gluing the sleeve to the barrel improves accuracy?
Epoxy- not glue- if done right, will get rid of that concern off of the accuracy list.

With all the talk of harmonics, barrel whip, barrel flex, etc., and something can be done about it by adding “something to it” to make the liner and liner sleeve as one solid piece, why not do it? Then you’ll never have doubt.

I stress epoxy as the adhesive compound because once mixed it will dry and harden by chemical reaction. Glue, adhesives, caulk rely on air to dry. The ends at the cf sleeve will dry first, leaving the inside not 100% dry. It’ll dry over time I suppose, but if you want 100% solid cement like grip onto that liner (so thd sleeve becomes one with the liner), use a two part epoxy.
JB weld seems to be the epoxy of choice when it comes to gunsmith work like bedding processes, which is why I like it

Last edited: