barrel length comparison @100

Barrel length has very little to nothing to do with how accurate a gun is. But it has everything to do with how well people can shoot a gun.

People usually shoot guns with longer barrels better.

I think if you will take a look at the 100 yard benchrest contestants you will see they are pretty much all shooting the longer barreled guns.

I prefer a 700mm barrel when shooting 100 yards or better and it looks like most of the benchrest folks do also.

When you are running through the brush with your gun you definitely want it short.

My pesting rig has a 500mm barrel my other guns have 700mm barrels as I shoot them at 100 and 200 yards.

Yes, harmonics can play a part in inaccuracy but that can pretty much be tuned out these days.

Barrel length has very little to nothing to do with how accurate a gun is. But it has everything to do with how well people can shoot a gun.

People usually shoot guns with longer barrels better.

I think if you will take a look at the 100 yard benchrest contestants you will see they are pretty much all shooting the longer barreled guns.

I prefer a 700mm barrel when shooting 100 yards or better and it looks like most of the benchrest folks do also.

When you are running through the brush with your gun you definitely want it short.

My pesting rig has a 500mm barrel my other guns have 700mm barrels as I shoot them at 100 and 200 yards.

Yes, harmonics can play a part in inaccuracy but that can pretty much be tuned out these days.

this may be true but i don’t know of many non bullpup shooters with 700 mm barrels and some of them do pretty good. lol your too quick for me centercut. but this is why i was asking.

I should be receiving my 700mm barrel upgrade this week. As soon as I get a liner I will tell you 1st hand the differences.

Why did I switch? Accuracy was not even factor. The 600mm Impact is vey accurate. But I wanted more air efficiency, more power and less noise is possible. All of which the 700mm should do better. I have the carbon fiber liner sleeve and tensioned shroud to deal with any harmonic problem and I plan on getting the non-integrated harmonic tuner as well. I really do not think harmonics will be an issue, but like I said I will tell you what I notice.