• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Barrel Length And Balance

I am thinking of getting a Crossman 2300 from the custom shop and the barrel length is available in 7.5 and 10.1 inches. I am not asking about velocity, or accuracy or sight radius. I am asking solely about balance. It will be shot with a Burris Fastfire 3 red dot, which is small and light, and only free hand (one hand and standing), not from a bench or with two hands. I know balance can be a subjective thing, but your subjective opinion will surely be more useful than my own given my complete lack of experience with either version.

If you plan to use a moderator, 7.5" if not, get the longer barrel and one of the heavy, weighted muzzle brakes from the custom shop. Pair either with some dense (heavy) target grips. I have African rosewood on one, and ebony on another. Alliance air sells the grips on ebay. They do need some final fit and finish done which cuts down on the cost of them.

Reactions: beerthief and sjs
or just buy a Crosman 2300s
the custom shop used to be a place you could build a gun for a great price but not any more
you can find used 2300s pistols in the 250.00 range on either Ebay or Gun Broker from time to time
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/crosman-2300s?m=928

just a note the factory barrel doesn't take advantage of the CO2 that is metered by the valve
so, the 10.1 inch barrel is a better choice and to have a LW barrel is a big plus

Last edited: