• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Barrel interchangeability

Not Airgunspares, Chambers.

Only 2 left .. if this is what you want better grab it .. today... 🤔. That maybe your last chance once there gone .

....and in post #7 I stated that I have been in touch with Chambers, I was just answering another commenters reply.
If you bought the gun from them you probly get there barrel .. there battles are stamped to distinguish there sold guns from ones that are not. .. they are hw the service and warranty distributor in the USA and there barrels are marked with "usa". So not there gun = not there problem on that kinda stuff.. regardless hw stuff is got scarce .. guns or parts even simple everyday parts .

AOA came through with a barrel, cocking arm and rivet and it will be on a truck Monday and here by the end of next week. I will install that and then think about a Vortek up grade when and if that time comes at some point after I've tried the heavier caliber.
It'll be interesting to see if this barrel has the droop the .177 factory barrel has.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
AOA came through with a barrel, cocking arm and rivet and it will be on a truck Monday and here by the end of next week. I will install that and then think about a Vortek up grade when and if that time comes at some point after I've tried the heavier caliber.
It'll be interesting to see if this barrel has the droop the .177 factory barrel has.
That be a good report if it does or don't on the same receiver..👍

Reactions: Mcrafty1
I just replaced my HW50 barrel. Ordered from Chambers on their web site, Received in about 5 days. It was in customs, in New York, for 2 days. You will get the barrel mounted in receiver, the wedge lock and seal, also installed. Remove bolt holding receiver, unlatch cocking arm, drive pin out. Put cocking arm in new barrel/receiver, drive pin in, reassemble gun, clean barrel, mine had a LOT of brown rust looking stuff in barrel. Shoot and enjoy. Don
wonder if they have a .20 HW 77 long barrel ?

I try..😉

Here's how I check mine using 2 matched levels leveling the receiver with one and check any fall with the other.

stright gamo2.png
stright gamo3.jpg
image110.jpg

Reactions: Frogy and Mcrafty1
I received my .22cal barrel yesterday and switched it out on my HW50s, The barrel still has the droop issues so it looks like the problem, at least in my case is the receiver being machined a bit off and not the barrel. Although it does seem a bit less pronounced that probably is more wishful thinking on my part. Either way I'm still happy with the swap and the total price for the barrel/ cocking arm and rivet all assembled as one delivered to my door, albeit a couple days late do to the shipper was $160.00 For now I'll leave the rifle as is and use it that way, if I find the over all performance of the gun to be lacking I'll do the Vortek up grade at a later date.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I received my .22cal barrel yesterday and switched it out on my HW50s, The barrel still has the droop issues so it looks like the problem, at least in my case is the receiver being machined a bit off and not the barrel. Although it does seem a bit less pronounced that probably is more wishful thinking on my part. Either way I'm still happy with the swap and the total price for the barrel/ cocking arm and rivet all assembled as one delivered to my door, albeit a couple days late do to the shipper was $160.00 For now I'll leave the rifle as is and use it that way, if I find the over all performance of the gun to be lacking I'll do the Vortek up grade at a later date.
The lock up on the receiver side is pretty much set by the top of the fixed wedge. I'm wondering if someone at the factory is installing that wedge upside down?

A misplaced barrel pivot hole would also cause a shift in lock up position but I'm betting these are computer machined and less likely to be off.

I did get a new 50 sent to me recently and it had minimal droop that would likely go away as the breech seal flattens to size. There's hope they addressed the droop in the new models.

Reactions: Mcrafty1
Barrel droop seems to occur at Weihrauch. 35 models always my E version was terribly so. the open sights didn't work any more, I had to cut the rear sight in order to avoid high shooting.
Took off some metal and now it's quite ok. Such barrel droop leads to low elevation position in my case more than the sight would do
My 50 shoot great even with the .22 barrel at the distances I shoot (150 feet is the farthest I try with the open sights) I did try to scope the .177 barrel but found that without some serious shimming I couldn't get within four inches below the bullseye at 50 feet and decided I didn't want the scope shipped, it back and just use the open sights. I am surprised at how well the .22 cal. pellets fly at the 150 ft mark, even with the 21.14 gr. H&N they remain flat. so the power the gun has is plenty for my needs.

The lock up on the receiver side is pretty much set by the top of the fixed wedge. I'm wondering if someone at the factory is installing that wedge upside down?

A misplaced barrel pivot hole would also cause a shift in lock up position but I'm betting these are computer machined and less likely to be off.

I did get a new 50 sent to me recently and it had minimal droop that would likely go away as the breech seal flattens to size. There's hope they addressed the droop in the new models.
I hope so too, it seems to be a common theme here with the droop the rifles are shipped with.

I never thought about the lock up side of it...I only have the one Weihrauch so nothing to compare mine with but those with multiple rifles could compare to see if that could be a factor.