• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Barrel interchangeability

Like the title says, is it possible to change the .177 cal. barrel on a HW50s with a .22 cal. Is it even possible to buy the replacement barrel alone? If the answer is yes to these questions, are there any other altercations needed to make the change work? Why the change you ask? I find the .177 lacking in knock down power at longer distances.
Yes. The gun needs to be disassembled to remove the barrel. The cocking linkage will need to be moved to the new barrel. I have bought barrels from Chambers, here is the HW50 .22.

Yes. The gun needs to be disassembled to remove the barrel. The cocking linkage will need to be moved to the new barrel. I have bought barrels from Chambers, here is the HW50 .22.
Thanks! I'm going to do it.

You need a barrel, the cocking arm, and a new rivet. You can swap the older cocking arm over but I would just create a whole new assembly so swapping them is quick and painless
That's sounds like the way to go, Although I don't see myself swapping it back but still may be if it was made simple enough I wouldn't rule it out. Thanks

You can always sell the old assembly and get most of your money back for the new parts
True that, I don't see myself going back to the .177 cal so that is what I will be doing if I can get this done. I'm in contact with T.W. Chambers now, waiting for an answer to my questions about the purchase. Thanks to all who helped me with this.

So....I'm in the process of rounding up a new .22 cal barrel, a new cocking arm and rivet to replace the .177 on my HW50s Thanks for the help already received with this.
However I have one more question before I pull the trigger and have these parts shipped here from the UK.
Will I need to alter/enlarge the orifice from the compression chamber to make this swap effective as a .22 cal? or will the rifle do as it would if I'd have purchased it as a .22 cal. to begin with? Thanks for any help answering this question.

True that, I don't see myself going back to the .177 cal so that is what I will be doing if I can get this done. I'm in contact with T.W. Chambers now, waiting for an answer to my questions about the purchase. Thanks to all who helped me with this.
I just replaced my HW50 barrel. Ordered from Chambers on their web site, Received in about 5 days. It was in customs, in New York, for 2 days. You will get the barrel mounted in receiver, the wedge lock and seal, also installed. Remove bolt holding receiver, unlatch cocking arm, drive pin out. Put cocking arm in new barrel/receiver, drive pin in, reassemble gun, clean barrel, mine had a LOT of brown rust looking stuff in barrel. Shoot and enjoy. Don

I just replaced my HW50 barrel. Ordered from Chambers on their web site, Received in about 5 days. It was in customs, in New York, for 2 days. You will get the barrel mounted in receiver, the wedge lock and seal, also installed. Remove bolt holding receiver, unlatch cocking arm, drive pin out. Put cocking arm in new barrel/receiver, drive pin in, reassemble gun, clean barrel, mine had a LOT of brown rust looking stuff in barrel. Shoot and enjoy. Don
Brown rust lookin stuff is anti corrosion. I just cleaned a brand new 22 cal 50 sent to me for a tune.

20231031_150116.jpg

20231031_144337.jpg

Reactions: maxtrouble
Like the title says, is it possible to change the .177 cal. barrel on a HW50s with a .22 cal. Is it even possible to buy the replacement barrel alone? If the answer is yes to these questions, are there any other altercations needed to make the change work? Why the change you ask? I find the .177 lacking in knock down power at longer distances.
well I have the hw95 in 177 ordered the 22 barrel ,had a new cocking arm installed, on new barrel not a big deal to install barrel. order from Airguns of Arizona ( AOA ) even ordered new barrel shims

Lots of common parts are nla / out of stock here in the USA today that were just a add to cart ..

Like said above you best bet is overseas like chambers ,

Even there pickings are slim today and all I see is the .177 barrel available

Sold out , sold out ...

Right now it's a bad time to be looking at a hw ... they can make a whole gun to stock more or less any parts ..lol

Lots of common parts are nla / out of stock here in the USA today that were just a add to cart ..

Like said above you best bet is overseas like chambers ,

Even there pickings are slim today and all I see is the .177 barrel available

Sold out , sold out ...

Right now it's a bad time to be looking at a hw ... they can make a whole gun to stock more or less any parts ..lol
Not Airgunspares, Chambers.