• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Barrel cleaning results

Not a pcp guy so curious here...dont you guys lube your pellets?? I wouldvthink the lube would keep the barrel from oxidising... I am a springer guy and do shoot lubed pellets, I use beeswax furniture polish, the beeswax is what does the trick. Back in the 80's I was at a world match and had the pleasure of shooting with a number of the British shooters. They put me on to the beeswax trick. Never looked back, never have had a barrel issue, never any brown rust, and so easy to clean the barrel when the time comes. Guess I thought most all airgunners used some type of pellet lube to prevent any kind of barrel rust/ fouling issues.

How do you apply the bees wax?

It comes in an aerosol spray, I get it thru "Annies" craft store. Our furniture is made by Amish craftsman from Charm Ohio and they told me wherevto find it. I used to orderbit from England but shipping became prohibitive. Anyway I use a clean cotton cloth (old T shirts work great) and spray a dollop of beeswax on the cloth, add a small fistfull of pellets and grab each end of the cloth and tumble by raising and lowering each end of the cloth. This tumbles the pellets thru the beeswax gently without any damage. After a few minutes the pellets will all be coated without any buildup in the skirt. I use a patch on a pull thru with a shot of beeswax on it. Beeswax cuts itself and wont buildup makes barrel cleaning a breeze once the barrel is coated from shooting coated pellets. No nasty smell, no sticky feel on your fingers, pellets do not stick together, beeswax will not harm any seals or O rings, and great for your wood stock!!! I use it to seal my wood stock on the inside so there is no swelling or shrinking from humidity. On my springers, there has been notable improvement in accuracy when going with beeswax. Actually there are no negative complaints from anyone that has tried this stuff. I have boxes of CP 7.9 pellets from days gone by that have been treated with beeswax and show no sign of oxidising.... All I can say is try it, you wont hurt anything, the stuff is all natural, compatible as a moisture protectant on metal as well as wood, and the cost is very low.

Also available online from Home Depot, Walmart, and Amazon (expensive).