• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Barrel Brace

I've seen these things for the FX guns, so I figured I'd give it a try. I've got the Donny FL Ronin hanging in the end of my barrel. I'll try it out tomorrow :) wish me luck.

Will these braces help with accuracy, correct change in POI, or just screw up harmonics?

20210327_085038.1616908747.jpg

I think a barrel brace is a good thing if you need it, I am very easy with my PCPs . It goes back to my Marauder days . Talk about POI change, Set the gun up against with the barrel touching, POI change. Set the gun up in cabinet for a few days yep POI change, A loud fart Yep POI change...Other than that shooting the gun it was just as accurate as any gun I have now out to about 75 yards, Until you set the Marauder down yep POI change...

1st shot counts, If I pull them out of the safe after a few months or weeks its going to be dead on 1st shot.

Mike

I’m a firm believer in barrel shroud clamps. Ever since I installed the hillairgun clamp he makes for the marauder and saw my accuracy improve, every Airgun I’ve gotten if there’s a sufficient gap between the barrel shroud and bottle/air tube, I will pull all the dimensions and send it off to smwengineering to be 3D made. 

Hopefully by end of year I’ll own a maverick to do that to, I’ve got access to a crown thru a friend to measure up one, along with another buddy who lives close that I helped him buy an LCS SK19 just two days ago. He said he’d leave me that gun for a month to play with, and I’m going to see what other jobs I can send off to ELIS5173 and Stuart at smw.

Ive seen guns with no shrouds, but a pencil like barrel instead. I would never clamp those down just onto the outer shroud type guns.

Well, I learned something today.

1 I need to put in some range time

2 never shoot off of a collapsible card table when collecting data.

3 don't promise to collect decisive data LOL

4 and when shooting off of a gun rest, have a light touch, (don't use "Ham Hands")

with and without.1616978166.jpg

12 rounds with and without (W / WO) at 60 and 100 yards

60 without

WO 60.1616978939.jpg

60 with

with 60.1616978979.jpg

100 without

100 WO.1616979010.jpg

100 with 

100 W.1616979036.jpg

I'll get better data next weekend :)