• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Barrel band vibrates - Daystate Huntsman Revere

My Revere Safari arrived and the shroud vibrates in the barrel band as I move the rifle. I notice it when I set it down in a rest. It arrived this way from AoA.

It shoots well, I’m just wondering if others had their rifle arrive like this?

This is my best so far in the 30YC. I’m shooting straight from a tin, no washing or sorting. 197

IMG_0594.jpeg

Does this band look like a floating type of barrel band, so the barrel doesn't/isn't supposed to touch the band? The Marauder has this floating type of barrel band also but I didn't like it this way because the barrel "moved" if set against something or in a case. To change it to a solid barrel band I simply pushed/wedged a thin o-ring under the band and it holds the shrouded barrel tight now.

Reactions: Florida_Man
Yep most of them rattle. I took the band off, and it shot just fine. Then I put it back on with a piece if plastic tape to prevent the rattle, and again it shoots just fine. Since it surrounds the shroud and not the actual barrel, I would say set it up to your preference. It's not needed, but it does no harm, at least that is my experience.