Barra H50 4x20-50 review

I purchased this scope on eBay after Odoyle highly recommend the same model in a higher magnification that he bought several of. I would have liked to have the same one but they were sold out so I thought I would take a chance on this one. The eBay seller had it listed as a buy now for $455.40 or make an offer. I offered $200.00 and it was accepted. The shipping was free so $200.00 and sales tax was the total I paid for it. The big thing for me was it’s made in Japan. I don’t know of any comparable scope that is made in Japan for anywhere close to the amount I paid. I had just bought a .22 Taipan Veteran long from Talon Tunes that was supposed to be getting an Arken SH4 gen 2 that I ordered 9 weeks ago and I still hadn’t received it so the Barra already had a home on top of the Taipan. The scope seems to be well made. It’s second focal plane, has a mil dot reticle and side focus down to 10 yards with a smooth operating dial. The glass is very nice and it’s bright and clear all the way to the max 20x magnification. The turrets had a little mush to them but I was able to get most of it out (more info on that soon in another topic). I mounted it in some UTG Accu-sync rings that I lapped for a good fit. After some range time, I was really impressed with the scope and the Taipan as well. I tweaked it down a little to get 18 grain JSB’s flying at just under 900 fps. Below are some pics of the setup, also my shooting bench that I had recently built. The target with the 5 shot group was at 42 yards, that’s about as far as I can get at my house.

3293DCE7-A821-4C5B-9DA4-348CF50A2A25.1606774142.jpeg
6516D0AF-A49D-4ED8-9AB2-AF347AE2D2B4.1606774142.jpeg
593919CE-C83A-40F4-916A-BBF402F47C60.1606774142.jpeg
B168747B-6416-4094-840C-072A191FD71C.1606774142.jpeg

So is this scope good for 200$ or is it good at 600$. I'm used to 50$ or less scopes but bought a h50 3-15×50 to treat myself. Am I going to be amazed at the greatness or is this all hype. I was between the centerpoint 3-12×44 or the h50. I hope I made a good choice cause I'm seriously in the dog house on this one.

If I paid $500 for it, I would still think it was a very good deal. I just went on eBay to buy another one and the listing is gone. There were about 200 of these when I bought mine. So either the listing expired or Odoyle bought them all. Also, if you don’t like it the seller has free returns within 30 days so send it back if you’re not happy with it. Let me know when you receive it and what you think about the scope.

So is this scope good for 200$ or is it good at 600$. I'm used to 50$ or less scopes but bought a h50 3-15×50 to treat myself. Am I going to be amazed at the greatness or is this all hype. I was between the centerpoint 3-12×44 or the h50. I hope I made a good choice cause I'm seriously in the dog house on this one.

The Barra H50 3-15x50 is significantly better than the $699 SWFA SS especially the eyebox. You can't compare a $699 to a $104 scope especially if it's not at least an Alpha6.

If I paid $500 for it, I would still think it was a very good deal. I just went on eBay to buy another one and the listing is gone. There were about 200 of these when I bought mine. So either the listing expired or Odoyle bought them all. Also, if you don’t like it the seller has free returns within 30 days so send it back if you’re not happy with it. Let me know when you receive it and what you think about the scope.

Now that's just plain silly to think I bought ALL 200 of those.

Now that's just plain silly to think I bought ALL 200 of those.

I actually think it would be a smart move IF you got a substantial deal for taking them all. You could keep a few for yourself and sell the rest and still make a profit if you could buy them right. I would have considered buying 100 of them at 50% of the price I originally paid.

I don't buy anything hobby related to resell for profit.

This is a HOBBY and once it becomes a FOR PROFIT then hobby ain't much fun no more. 

Might even have to delete my YouTube videos and advertising them. No wait... I don't even have any YouTube videos to delete!

I would feel bad ripping off fellow airgun hobbyists on scopes that are priced 4x more than they should.