• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Barra Cowboy 1866 disassembly (and hopefully fix).

I got this gun and it wouldn't hold air. With the "bolt" open it would hiss air from the breech area when pumping. If I closed the bolt it would hiss from the barrel muzzle.
I couldn't find any schematics or other help with repair or disassembly so I just dug in. Hopefully I can find the problem and fix it. Will update if I do.
I didn't do as well at documenting as I thought I was, so feel free to ask me to clarify anything for you if and when needed if you find yourself in the same boat.
Here's where I'm at so far...

Last edited:
Reactions: Northwoods22
I removed both sides of the receiver. The stock stays with the left half.
Be careful with the "wood" and "brass" as they are plastic and will probably break easily if you force them. Take your time and wiggle them around and they will eventually agree to come apart.

image21.jpeg

image20.jpeg

image19.jpeg

image18.jpeg

Last edited:
Just replacing all the o-rings and putting it back together should be easy enough. And it will probably be fixed (assuming those 2 o-rings are the culprit).
But I'm curious about the firing mechanism that is integrated with the barrel. I don't see any way to disassemble it for inspection/repair. I'm hoping to find a way to put air to it to test for leaks. I will post back here if I figure that out.

image0.jpeg