Barra 400e

I bought a barra 400e bb gun last week Monday from barra and it arrived on Friday. So I have put it through its paces. It is a little more accurate than my crossman dpms. It's definitely quieter. And at longer range (67 yds) it's definitely more accurate. I suspect that is because of the more consistent velocities. I use use it to clear unwanted critters out of the feeders. If anyone is interested I'll post a later update. On a side not I ordered a battery and charger from barra also and the battery had a dead cell. I contacted them this morning and immediately refunded the price of the battery. They have been a great company to deal with so far

I got a Barra 400 also, Is yours hard to load? I contacted Barra and they sent me another BB speed loader, This one works better , But I just expect the loader to work better for 400 $ Now the gun is way cool, and pretty accurate for a BB gun, Its made very well, If the loading was easier not such a pain this gun would get a 10 out of a 10, Not sure how other BB guns load .
I bought my grandson a P19 airsoft and the plastic BBs just zip right in the gun and its loaded , Wished the Barra was that easy to load..
Mike

...And at longer range (67 yds) it's definitely more accurate...
Really? 67 yards?

Maybe it is just my 400e, but I was running out of scope elevation adjustment at 30 feet. And when I shot it off one of my 25 yard shooting benches, there was about another 8-12" drop.

I've got to get mine chrony'd and figure out my muzzle velocity. Seems like I would have to point my gun almost straight up for it to reach 67 yards.

I bought my battery and charger and alarm tester from barra when I bought my gun. My battery had a dead cell. I could still hit at 67 but the cyclic rate was kinda slow. When my gun was in full auto I could easily squeeze off single round bursts. With my new battery as fast as I can squeeze and release the trigger 3 rds go down range. Maybe try that test. I'm sighted at about 20 yds with a red dot. It is pretty high in the adjustment also. My holdover at 67 is about 2 feet. Btw barra refunded that battery with in minutes of me starting a chat on their sight.

These are from the RC world, and give the pilot or driver an audio indication of when the battery pack is getting too low. Take a LiPo battery pack down too far in voltage, and you will shorten the life of the pack, or totally lose it (won't take a subsequent charge).

Inexpensive protection from losing or significantly shortening the life of a LiPo battery pack.

Like these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DC3LH9C/

Well here it is. Not a big fan of the green I found. Definitely didn't match the cap.
20220628_172509.jpg

Yea, I just ordered a spare magazine also, They still Owe we a Battery, Sent charger but not a battery, Glad I bought two off amazon or I would still be sitting with a gun and no battery, Loading does get a lot easier with a very little shot of Ballistol in the speed loader , I loaded two Magazines and not even one jam,, I am impressed .
Mike

Yea, I just ordered a spare magazine also, They still Owe we a Battery, Sent charger but not a battery, Glad I bought two off amazon or I would still be sitting with a gun and no battery, Loading does get a lot easier with a very little shot of Ballistol in the speed loader , I loaded two Magazines and not even one jam,, I am impressed .
Mike
Cool to hear about your fix. Did your 400E come with a ram rod? I ask because mine did not, I see a groove in the packaging foam where it would set and reference to one in the manual to clear a jam -same method as airsoft just in .177 vs airsoft's 6mm, just wondering before I reach-out to Barra. ...I have a .17/4mm Dewey cleaning rod just incase, will make an brass angled end piece like airsoft ram-rods plastic ones.