N/A Barra 250Z (Shot Show booth footage)

The 250Z stuff starts at 5:40

Gun looks awesome to me. Air tube over the barrel. Rear cocking bolt. Seems lightweight and tunable with adjustable regulator and hammer spring adjustments. 22 and 25 caliber. Says the 25 comes out of the box at 50 fpe and you can adjust it up or down from there.

Best part is it's a Barra so I can probably afford one when it comes out. Poor man's FX DRS!

Very interesting rifle!!!

Kinda looks like the artemis/snowpeak M30C that has been out for a while now.... Here is a photo for reference...

Untitled.png

Reactions: Rvaughn
Very interesting rifle!!!

Kinda looks like the artemis/snowpeak M30C that has been out for a while now.... Here is a photo for reference...

View attachment 428919

well, it certainly does

Slightly different stock but easy to see it's the same gun with minor modifications

Assuming it is the same, I would like to see a higher fill pressure than 3600 psi. With a regulator I don't see why any gun shouldn't be 4500 psi.

230 cc air capacity... a little on the low end there as well.

But I have been looking to add a regulated .22 caliber to my collection. If the price is right and it performs, still may be of some interest.

Now that you've got me looking at Snowpeak I like this M30B with the wood stock! But again 3600 psi. I would probably buy a "cheapo" AEA Challenger SL wood stock with the regulator, get a lot more power and 4500 psi fill, still inexpensive.

well, it certainly does

Slightly different stock but easy to see it's the same gun with minor modifications

Assuming it is the same, I would like to see a higher fill pressure than 3600 psi. With a regulator I don't see why any gun shouldn't be 4500 psi.

230 cc air capacity... a little on the low end there as well.

But I have been looking to add a regulated .22 caliber to my collection. If the price is right and it performs, still may be of some interest.

Now that you've got me looking at Snowpeak I like this M30B with the wood stock! But again 3600 psi. I would probably buy a "cheapo" AEA Challenger SL wood stock with the regulator, get a lot more power and 4500 psi fill, still inexpensive.

I am working on a aea hpss 22 semi auto.. while they might be less expensive, I don't like the design.. bolt probe is not bushed so when it cycles it has a big opening that it somehow pulls part of the pellet back inside the action and right down between the hammer and trigger group.. I have the gun working again for a friend but I'm going to try to put a bushing in front of the probe so hopefully it eliminate the problem.. myself if I was looking for a economy PCP with the higher pressure, I'd go with avenger or avenger X.. I also don't like how aea when you pull the bolt back, either with it semi auto or bolt action it doesn't have a bolt hold open notch.. might be fine for some, but you have to hold all the spring pressure back on the bolt, while holding the gun and insirting the magazine..
not trying to put down anyone about aea, but I think avengers, umarex, and even hatsan does better for the price range.. I have a hatsan blitz and it's got the bolt hold open, it's main design problem happens to be a hard trigger pull..
but if you want side lever avenger seems good and if you want power the umarex gauntlet gen 2 gets you there.. I do like the design on the magazine for the hatsan att 44 side lever, it's not spring loaded like most are.. reminds me of the attaman..
it's going to be interesting to see what actually comes out this year..
it seems like it took umarex a year to produce the notos.. I am happy with it after some modifications.. wanted a pistol but 22" is just too long for me.. so I have shortened it to just under 16" with a moderator baffles inside the shroud..
it's interesting too that Barra is coming out with the Schofield and the lever action to match the Colt SAA and the legends lever action design.. but Barra took it a step farther and has smooth bore 177 and rifle bore 177 and rifle bore 22 conversion kit for both of theirs..
would be great to see more types of affordable PCP pistols
Mark

Reactions: nobody1 and gendoc
Snowpeak rolled out with the M30 back in 2018 I believe.

The M30b and M30c are perhaps improved upon versions of the original M30...

I don't know If they are reliable and/or accuracte... they probably are for barra to have them in their catalog.

I too like the M30b with the wooden stock quite a lot... classic lines... reminds me of classic hunting rifles...

Around here the M30c costs like 450 euros... while AEA products start from 700 euros and above... I dunno about their reliability but in terms of price and looks the M30 takes the cake in my humble opinion.

I don't like that they essentially claim this is their design. "What WE did was" *order a component gun from China like everyone else then put a different stock on it and call it our design*

There's a good reason pcp prices are coming down fast. It's because so many of them are the same gun or built from a catalog of components and these people are essentially importers. Won't be long before all this stuff is on AliExpress for shockingly low prices. The internet is amazing.

I am working on a aea hpss 22 semi auto.. while they might be less expensive, I don't like the design.. bolt probe is not bushed so when it cycles it has a big opening that it somehow pulls part of the pellet back inside the action and right down between the hammer and trigger group.. I have the gun working again for a friend but I'm going to try to put a bushing in front of the probe so hopefully it eliminate the problem.. myself if I was looking for a economy PCP with the higher pressure, I'd go with avenger or avenger X.. I also don't like how aea when you pull the bolt back, either with it semi auto or bolt action it doesn't have a bolt hold open notch.. might be fine for some, but you have to hold all the spring pressure back on the bolt, while holding the gun and insirting the magazine..
not trying to put down anyone about aea, but I think avengers, umarex, and even hatsan does better for the price range.. I have a hatsan blitz and it's got the bolt hold open, it's main design problem happens to be a hard trigger pull..
but if you want side lever avenger seems good and if you want power the umarex gauntlet gen 2 gets you there.. I do like the design on the magazine for the hatsan att 44 side lever, it's not spring loaded like most are.. reminds me of the attaman..
it's going to be interesting to see what actually comes out this year..
it seems like it took umarex a year to produce the notos.. I am happy with it after some modifications.. wanted a pistol but 22" is just too long for me.. so I have shortened it to just under 16" with a moderator baffles inside the shroud..
it's interesting too that Barra is coming out with the Schofield and the lever action to match the Colt SAA and the legends lever action design.. but Barra took it a step farther and has smooth bore 177 and rifle bore 177 and rifle bore 22 conversion kit for both of theirs..
would be great to see more types of affordable PCP pistols
Mark
I have had plenty of pellets stuck in the trigger area and preventing the trigger from functioning.
At the beginning I did not realize this and thought that if you pull the trigger a pellet will come out.
I had a hole in a window because of that.

Very dangerous design!

With all the issues it has, the AEA HP SS should have been sold for less than half the price that AEA wanted for them ($500+).
If I knew what I know now, I would not have bought one even for half the price.

AEA HP SS or AEA Challenger Pro are ridiculously expensive junk, and I had one of each.

Last edited:
Reactions: markhooper
I don't like that they essentially claim this is their design. "What WE did was" *order a component gun from China like everyone else then put a different stock on it and call it our design*

There's a good reason pcp prices are coming down fast. It's because so many of them are the same gun or built from a catalog of components and these people are essentially importers. Won't be long before all this stuff is on AliExpress for shockingly low prices. The internet is amazing.
I can only wish to find all the PCP parts on Aliexpress.
They already have some of them, the valve and air tube.
I could not find anything else.

I have had plenty of pellets stuck in the trigger area and preventing the trigger from functioning.
At the beginning I did not realize this and thought that if you pull the trigger a pellet will come out.
I had a hole in a window because of that.

Very dangerous design!

With all the issues it has, the AEA HP SS should have been sold for less than half the price that AEA wanted for them ($500+).
If I knew what I know now, I would not have bought one even for half the price.

AEA HP SS or AEA Challenger Pro are ridiculously expensive junk, and I had one of each.
so if you look at the aea hpss the bolt probe area is turned out all the way through to the same size as the main bolt.. all airguns I have have a bushing pressed in so that the hole is only the size of the probe, that keeps stuff out of the trigger group..
I'm actually attempting to make a thin bushing out of a washer and press it in to close up the big opening.. when I got it to fix for a friend it wouldn't even fire.. 4 pellets in the trigger group area..
another issue, doesn't matter if you have semi auto or bolt action there's no bolt hold open latch, so you have to have one hand holding the bolt back and another one holding the gun and a third hand inserting the magazine..
my notos has the bushing, my blitz has the bushing along with a bolt hold open latch..
not trying to put down any company but they could have easily done better.. I know that hatsan leaves a bit to be desired. but after working on this one I am so glad I didn't buy it instead of the umarex notos..
I do have a complaint about safety.. I think all PCP guns should have a bleed screw to remove the air before working on it.. the aea hpss doesn't have one and neither does the notos..
I was very careful and a bit worried about taking the aea hpss apart to clear the trigger group since there's no way to release the air pressure without firing it..
mark