• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BARGAIN ALERT WITH LINK

That is an outrageous deal. I just got a 13ci that was twice that price. I pulled the Hero2 regulator apart last night and the spring/shims are .375" diameter, so it's not Ninja size. I was able to find .375" D x .03" thick on McMaster, but they were over $10 for 3. So I'm not sure on the economy of increasing the pressure with a Belleville stack.

Even if you replace the regulator with a Ninja, you'll have a carbon bottle setup for a good price. The 13ci I got yesterday is my first carbon bottle and it was shocking to feel how much lighter than aluminum it is.

Last edited:
To anyone wondering, there were a couple of threads about this tank leading up to Christmas. HIgh points:

1. Includes regulator (drop-down selection "No Thanks" is confusing). Presumably set to a typical 800psi.
2. Threaded 5/8" - 18, not metric M18 like most carbon fiber bottles, meaning it will accept a Ninja regulator or other popular paintball regulator if you want. (For example, a user on GTA bought one and swapped out the bottle on his gen 1 Umarex Gauntlet.)
3. 2" diameter like popular 13ci aluminum paintball bottles, however this one is 15ci volume and 4500psi fill (310 bar)...and yet still saves a smidge of weight.

Manufacturer's product page:

Reactions: Rodeo and UCChris
To piggy back off what nervoustrig is saying, they supposedly sell high pressure kits that bump the output to 1000 psi + you can add about 150 psi of shims, according to their manual. However, I was unable to find their high pressure kits in stock anywhere.

For anything higher pressure, it appears that McMaster part number 9712K112 is the closest fit for a Belleville washer option, though they're wayyy more expensive than the Ninja size Bellevilles.

If there's a way to use Bellevilles, that would be cool, cause the Hero2 regulator is extremely short. Like, a good part of an inch shorter than a Ninja reg, and well over an inch shorter than the cheapy reg that came on my 13ci Pepperball tank. Going from an aluminum tank to a carbon tank that's moved almost an inch closer to the center of the rifle can completely transform the balance of a bottle gun.

Last edited:
Gotta wonder why so cheap. Even if used its a great price. Makes me cry knowing what I paid for mine. I have a 15 and a 17, great bottles. Reg is a beast to remove.

Ninja makes a HPA 3k output version (2900 actually).labeled as an x or custom. They work great.
Hajimoto sells the v2 and flex at custom setpoints for up to 2400 as i recall and with the right threads.

New England Airgun also has a few ninja reg’s on their site.

Fyi, found this out the hard way, some Ninja regs use a ball/spring valve, some adapter blocks may not depress it far enough and has to be removed.

Last edited:
It does take some effort, but the stock reg is removable with heat, a vise, and a strap wrench, then that puppy is ready for the reg of your choice, and with the $ saved, go for a Ninja Flex reg with 1700 to 2500 psi adjustable output!

Oh my, first time hearing about these Flex regs, and boy howdy do I want one, but $150 for a reg is painful!

If there's a way to use Bellevilles, that would be cool
Ah okay, this regulator having a smaller piston means it won't need as much spring force to achieve a given pressure. With any luck, that will allow the use of one of the cheaper Bellevilles.

If you have a chance, what is the diameter of the output side of the piston? On a Ninja reg, that would be the large diameter end.

Ah okay, this regulator having a smaller piston means it won't need as much spring force to achieve a given pressure. With any luck, that will allow the use of one of the cheaper Bellevilles.

If you have a chance, what is the diameter of the output side of the piston? On a Ninja reg, that would be the large diameter end.

If I understand your question, the fat end of the piston is .38", though I'll take a pic of what I'm measuring here in a bit so I can make sure we're on the same page.

To piggy back off what nervoustrig is saying, they supposedly sell high pressure kits that bump the output to 1000 psi + you can add about 150 psi of shims, according to their manual. However, I was unable to find their high pressure kits in stock anywhere.

For anything higher pressure, it appears that McMaster part number 9712K112 is the closest fit for a Belleville washer option, though they're wayyy more expensive than the Ninja size Bellevilles.

If there's a way to use Bellevilles, that would be cool, cause the Hero2 regulator is extremely short. Like, a good part of an inch shorter than a Ninja reg, and well over an inch shorter than the cheapy reg that came on my 13ci Pepperball tank. Going from an aluminum tank to a carbon tank that's moved almost an inch closer to the center of the rifle can completely transform the balance of a bottle gun.
Is this the high-pressure kit you are looking for, UCChris?

Is this the high-pressure kit you are looking for, UCChris?

Appreciate you pulling that up. I saw that, but they don't list the pressures and that's for the Hero P3 reg, which I'm not certain fits the Hero2 Reg.

You're looking for the diameter of the bit circled red, right?

PXL_20221229_155627574~2.jpg

If so, it is indeed .38"

Reactions: nervoustrig
Sorry for the delay but I just ran the numbers and it looks like the more affordable 0.020" thick Bellevilles (McMaster #9712K59 linked below) should be sufficient for a setpoint up to about 1400psi.

$0.50 each instead of $3.30 each sounds better.

Reactions: UCChris
Sorry for the delay but I just ran the numbers and it looks like the more affordable 0.020" thick Bellevilles (McMaster #9712K59 linked below) should be sufficient for a setpoint up to about 1400psi.

$0.50 each instead of $3.30 each sounds better.

Awesome! What thickness of shims do you think one ought to get? I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do with these regs!

These small diameter Bellevilles have comparatively little travel--about 2/3 that of the equivalent Bellevilles in the Ninja Pro regulator--so I doubt there would be much use for 0.020" shims. My guess is 0.010" and 0.005" would be useful, and maybe even something thinner.

Depending on how many Bellevilles the piston will accommodate, it might not do a good job repeatably returning to the same setpoint. We'll just have to see.

Reactions: UCChris
One more thing...extrapolating from your photo, it looks like the shaft is over 0.8" long which means it will take a stack of 27 of the above Bellevilles (0.030" high) to fill it up. As absurd as that sounds, it is actually favorable in terms of setpoint repeatability.

The taller the stack, the less sensitive to inconsistencies since the travel is spread out across more pieces, right?