• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Baracuda 21.14 vs. Baracuda match 21.14

My experience is the same as davecole's is. The best performing pellet in my AA S510 is with the Baracuda match - in the 5.53 head size. It really shoots much tighter groups than with the 5.51, 5.52, or larger than 5.53. I have tried about every pellet made (even slugs) in this rifle. It is very accurate with several different pellets including the JSB Heavy 18.13, the AA 18.3, the FX 18 and FX 16, etc., but out at 50 yards and beyond, the Baracuda Match gives the best group.

Apparently, [and personally I believe this to be True]

The Baracuda comes in 5.5 and is more of a 'production pellet'. 
The Baracuda Match comes in 5.51, 5.52 & 5.53 and are more of a 'premium pellet'. 

Where the Baracuda pellets still undergo quality control tests, 
the Match pellets have more steps involved: cleaning, polishing, weighing, etc. 

I shoot both, and was curious about the same thing a while back.. 
Then talked to others who also shot both, and came up with that conclusion.

They also appear to be pre-lubed, as they'll have an almost 'waxy' coat to them..

I do know this much.. For ME, they both shoot Way Better than the JSBs that I used to shoot. 

While I had awesome results with both Bar and Bar Match,
I actually do think that I would keep paying a few bucks more for the Match version just to have a tin or 2 on hand. 
Then for the rest, just the Baracuda version. I shoot target, and love accuracy/precision, but, I don't 'compete'... 
That said, Bars are good enough for who they're for. [In my case]
Then if I get really picky, and want a little more accuracy/precision - I'll still have some Match to toss down range.

🙂👍 

Sam -

Reactions: pdxFrank