• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bantam Sniper HR shroud removal

Hi All,

Anyone know the trick to removal of the shroud from the barrel of a Brocock Bantam Sniper HR? Is it loctited on? I am a little nervious putting a lot of torque to take it off. Thanks in advance for your help.

1573099830_19613106515dc399360d3be3.79214305_Bantam barrel.jpg

Thank you everyone for your help. This forum makes asking questions and finding answers a joy. 

I'm not so good with photography but here are a couple of photo of what I think Green_Yamo is asking for.

There are three o-ring on the chamber end of the barrel - two on the outside and one in the barrel. In the photo below you can barely see the edge of the inner o-ring but clearly see the two outer ones.

1573188753_19599017615dc4f4911f09d6.22483632_o-rings.jpg

Below is a photo looking down into the chamber towards the bolt. I hope these are the ones you're asking about. Unable to get better photos due to the limitation of the equipment (incompent photographer has nothing to do with it - well not much). ;) 

1573189034_12082496845dc4f5aaaaadf3.81563421_Bantam chamber.jpg

Green_Yamo I just got the used Bantam last month so I have not replaced the o-rings yet. I don't feel or hear air leaking past them when I shoot so not in any hurry (yet). There are two YouTube videos out there that appear to answer your question better then I could. The links to them will be below. The first one by Tomcat Airguns is on both YouTube and Airgun101 titled "How to replace a Breech O-ring" (I prefer to use Airgun101.com whenever possible).

https://airgun101.com/index.php/component/allvideoshare/video/how-to-replace-a-breech-o-ring?Itemid=421 

The other one is by Airguns of Arizon on YouTube and is for a Compatto which is almost identical to the Sniper. Title is "Brocock Compatto Breech Seal Replacement". 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeDUVC9Z7pk 

Reactions: Gear_Junkie
An even easier way to do it is to pick up a dowel rod from ace hardware. Cut it square and cut off a 3/8 piece from the end. both need boo be flat as possible. The rod should be small enough in dia. to easily slide down the bore.

After removing the bad o ring, Put a new one inside the breach area of the barrel. Using the short piece of dowel, press it past the o ring grove. Place the long rod in the bore, and while holding the short piece flush with the breech, contact the o ring with the long rod..Now gently push the long rod toward the breech. You will fee part of the o ring slip into the cut. Now jig the two pieces of rod back and fourth. the o ring will magically slip into the o ring grove. Done and done, and at the bench shooting an o ring failure no longer requires you to remove the scope/ barrel and a re sight in.

Takes a while to describe, but takes less than a minute to do. Keep the dowel rods as you would cleaning supplies, as . It "IS" going to happen again. LOL ;<)

Knife

Reactions: fishing43