• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

bantam sniper hi lite Firing when bolt is closed

Hey everyone,

I finally got my Brocock bantam sniper hi lite last week and have been trying to get it dialed. Today however after having several hundred pellets pass through it trying to find that perfect one I started having some issues. Sometimes when I am pushing a pellet into the chamber there will be a thud like the firing mechanism you are cocking by pulling the bolt back (unsure how it works exactly) fires on the way down. I thought the first couple of times I was maybe a little fatigued or something and not pulling the bolt back all the way but now it does it most of the time. Sometimes the gun will make it all the way into battery and before I can even put my finger on the trigger the gun will fire. Has anyone had this issue before? Any thoughts on a solution? I would hate to have to send it back to AOA to be fixed but it’s pretty unsafe as is. Thank you.

Thanks bubbler and seth. I just got off the phone with Darren at AOA. Can’t say enough good things about there customer service. He said the same thing. I hope that is it. All that worries me is that I haven’t adjusted the trigger unless someone at the factory or AOA did. It definitely has a super sweet trigger but i can for sure stand it a little heavier if the is the alternative.

Hello AGnation,

I took the bantam apart earlier and it was reproducing the afore mentioned issue with no pellet or magazine In place. While pulling the bolt rearward about half way back closed the sear would disengage. Sometimes it would not engage at all and the rifle would not cock. I removed the stock to have access to the 2nd stage trigger adjustment screw. I added I would estimate a little less than a pound more pull weight on the second stage. I took a little play out of the first stage for my trouble. It feels just a little lighter than my 2lbs precision trigger on another rifle. 2lbs is perfect for my needs as a field gun and I have never felt like I gave up any accuracy at this weight but to each his own. If this problem comes up again I will definitely be removing the screw and adding some blue lock tight. This could be a major safety issue if not taken care of. Thanks everyone for all your input.