• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bantam Moderator

If your Bantam barrel shroud extends a couple of inches inside of that POS reflex moderator you will have a devil of a time trying to remove it. There is no legal reason for Daystate, Brocock, or AofA to continue to send rifles to the U.S. with the moderators glued on. If it is recessed it is vitually impossible to get your heat source reaching where it needs to go to soften the adhesive. I purchased a Huntsman XL which had its reflex moderator glued on. What typically happens is that the end cap UNF adapter will unscrew from the shroud instead of the reflex unscrewing from the UNF adapter. The adapter stays glued inside of the reflex which means you must buy another shroud adapter/end cap. Then you're unable to sell or use the reflex elsewhere because it has the shroud adapter still glued inside. Good luck getting it apart correctly. I totally agree that the reflex is the least effective moderator there is.

I have a bantam sniper hr in a .25 and have tried different moderators, Donny's sumo & shogun both work well in taming the bark. But them Utah Airguns had a sale on the Hugget's so I bought both the snipe & magna. I use the magna because to my ears it sounds the quietest. My bantam is tuned to shoot jsb kings 25.39 @ 900 fps. On a side note, my taipan veteran std. in a .25 sounds quieter with the Donny shogun shooting jsb kings 25.39 @ 920 fps. 

Aloha, 

Keone