Brocock/BRK Bantam Accuracy Issues with my Bantam

Have any/many of you had accuracy problems? Did cleaning the barrel help? After how many pellets? What about recrowning? Any difficulty removing the muzzle break under the shroud to get to the crown?
Definitely clean, don’t recrown unless you know what you’re doing.

I have 2 Bantams and I clean both barrels at about 500 pellets and it really helps. As long as I keep them clean they are tack drivers. For practice at 20yrds. they seem to do really well with Crosman hollowpoint pellets so that could be getting them dirty faster. They shoot best with JSB 18gr. at longer distances.
I do like @ba49, CPHPs for pesting and plinking, JSB Exact Jumbo 18s for serious target shooting. Cleaning after a tin a pellets a few patches and back to good. Two Atomics and a Pathfinder XR (basically a mini Bantam). Clean it and make sure its not the scope, mounts, moderator, etc.

Reactions: ba49 and darylm
I have a Sniper XR in .22. I did clean the barrel on mine but there was still about a 100 shot break-in period for mine (reg, mag, barrel) where accuracy wasn’t that great. Once it settled down it was a laser beam. Probably 4000 shots in now and it still is! And I’m with ba49, clean the barrel every 400-500 pellets. I don’t wait for my groups to start opening up.

Reactions: ba49 and L.Leon
My .22 Bantam HiLite (below, top) has been a tack-driver from the get-go, but a .177 I bought used (here) wouldn't average better than 1" groups at 50 yards. So I lopped off the barrel and stock to make a pistol that averages sub-3/4" groups at 50 yards. That solved its accuracy problem quite nicely.

Bantams .jpg

1699324999935.png

Reactions: rsfrid
Seem drastic, but if it works

Wait... "drastic" to butcher a no-shootin' $800 air rifle into a pistol that shoots like a house afire? So how would you describe butchering a $2000 rifle that already shot like a house afire into an air pistol?🤪

Black Bart.jpg

Sniper convertible pistol.jpg

:eek:

Insane? CRIMINAL?

Well... what if I told you I used a new hacksaw blade and sand-paper? Still CRIMINAL?

Okay, what if I said I actually converted the $2000 rifle into a pistol/carbine convertible... that shoots as well as the original rifle?

Sniper Ristol.jpg

STILL
insane?

:unsure: Ummmmm.... you might be right!

FW(hatever)IW, here's a ten-shot group at 80 yards shot with the pistol... from seated, stool-and-bipod position. It measured 2" c-t-c.

1699555149552.png