Banner day for snow shoe hare.

Had a very productive hunt this am.
Got together with my brother in law and his two sons. Did a few “drives” more of a slow push through productive Aspen/poplar slashes.
And some spot and stalk off the sand roads in the pine plantations.
It’s a up year for hares around me. That and the unusual lack of snow makes for very productive hunting.
We spotted another 10 that we left for another day.
Daystate huntsman .22 and Avenger bullpup in .25.
Most shots were brushy and close, under 30 yards, with a few longer ones out to 60 in the pines.

56D60F3D-816A-4FFD-A91F-81A0D895C5BF.jpeg

Poor bunnies... they should've use birth control though :ROFLMAO: Have you hunted them in one spot altogether?

I bet a .22 springer would be more than enough for some for 30+ yard shooting, at least for me it would be. I wouldn't have to carry a bottle with me or bother with pumping up the PCP, but I know, I know... I'm seeding springer propaganda again, don't I ?!

Nice, ethical shooting! Have a thumbs up!

Reactions: Jheikkila
I bet a .22 springer would be more than enough for some for 30+ yard shooting, at least for me it would be. I wouldn't have to carry a bottle with me or bother with pumping up the PCP
Even with my BSA scorpion se and air arms s510 rifles with the smallest air cylinders in my pcp collection I could have taken 3 times that many animals and still have shots left on a single fill. No need to carry a tank, fill up or cock and hand load a pellet for every shot with a springer for a full day of hunting.

Poor bunnies... they should've use birth control though :ROFLMAO: Have you hunted them in one spot altogether?

I bet a .22 springer would be more than enough for some for 30+ yard shooting, at least for me it would be. I wouldn't have to carry a bottle with me or bother with pumping up the PCP, but I know, I know... I'm seeding springer propaganda again, don't I ?!

A springer would have worked well.
The PCP was handy for follow up shots and ease of use for the kids. I need to get me a good springer. It does add a little something to a hunt.

Reactions: Triglav

6 was the max for one spot/drive.
Then move to the next spot of cover.
If you find one there are normally others within a few 100yards.

Reactions: Triglav