• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Banned question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the groundhog video on his site anymore, looks like another one he's removed from his youtube channel.

For those that see this as a 'mob mentality' pile on, what is happening is what we were hoping to happen and that's a young person playing with an adult toy and not listening to the advice adults give him to keep him and others safe.

He came in head strong, confident, arrogant and challenged an experienced group of ppl.
His actions were called out and he had to change the way he was doing things.

This is a 'life lesson' for him, we can't make him listen but at least he has become aware that forums like this don't involve other game playing 15 yr olds whose only responsibility in life is to make sure his video buddies are covered when they're going in hot and heavy.

Maybe, hopefully, he's grown up just a touch because of this.

I was just on the upnorth airgunner forum on Facebook and ole Connor is at it again, bragging that his condor .257 is producing 200fpe, I replied to him that he claimed his Condor on here was a .25 cal and he said well I’m looking for a .257 barrel 😂😂😂 called him out on his bullpoopt lol he deleted his post rofl, this kid doesn’t give up 😀😀

I was just on the upnorth airgunner forum on Facebook and ole Connor is at it again, bragging that his condor .257 is producing 200fpe, I replied to him that he claimed his Condor on here was a .25 cal and he said well I’m looking for a .257 barrel 😂😂😂 called him out on his bullpoopt lol he deleted his post rofl, this kid doesn’t give up 😀😀
Funny thing is this kind of people think trhat can just post BS without realizing that airgunners that have been at it for awhile just spot lies instantly, there's no hiding.

Remember back on the TAG this one guy claiming his .22 SPA 30 FPE gun with 25gr JSB would become a 60+ FPE gun by shooting 40gr .22lr reload bullets,....with nothing else done to the gun :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Oh come on guys! Give the kid a break! Maybe if you keep letting him be a punk, he'll grow up and earn his Darwin award and we won't have to worry anymore!

Funny all the people who cry about how we're being mean to widdle Conner don't understand we're trying to help him. If you never stop handling people with kid gloves, they never grow up into responsible adults.

Oh come on guys! Give the kid a break! Maybe if you keep letting him be a punk, he'll grow up and earn his Darwin award and we won't have to worry anymore!

Funny all the people who cry about how we're being mean to widdle Conner don't understand we're trying to help him. If you never stop handling people with kid gloves, they never grow up into responsible adults.
What I've come to find here on AGN is that the average age of us is a bit older than in other hobbies, with that said when people are proved wrong they would rather stir in silence (for this im grateful) and just vanish from the post they were participating in. I can name a handful of people off the top of my head that exhibit this behavior every time.

What I've come to find here on AGN is that the average age of us is a bit older than in other hobbies, with that said when people are proved wrong they would rather stir in silence (for this im grateful) and just vanish from the post they were participating in. I can name a handful of people off the top of my head that exhibit this behavior every time.
I concur amigo

....just vanish from the post they were participating in. I can name a handful of people off the top of my head that exhibit this behavior every time.

That may be b/c that person got blocked. Happened to me recently after I pointed out a lie (as politely as I could muster). OP didn't like that his true self was presented publicly and blocked me, then he went on to sling mud, to which I could not respond.

First time I've been blocked, at least that I'm aware of. Most consider this a place for discussion, not ego building. Hurt his ego so he decided discussion was over.

That may be b/c that person got blocked. Happened to me recently after I pointed out a lie (as politely as I could muster). OP didn't like that his true self was presented publicly and blocked me, then he went on to sling mud, to which I could not respond.

First time I've been blocked, at least that I'm aware of. Most consider this a place for discussion, not ego building. Hurt his ego so he decided discussion was over.
In light of recent events I really believe the Administration should revisit the blocked feature.

Fine if someone blocks a member so not to see his posts, but said member should still see the posts of the blocker,....otherwise it's more of a huding place than anything else, people that post idiocities should not be able to hide.

In light of recent events I really believe the Administration should revisit the blocked feature.

Fine if someone blocks a member so not to see his posts, but said member should still see the posts of the blocker,....otherwise it's more of a huding place than anything else, people that post idiocities should not be able to hide.
I agree. One-way Ignore—in which the member chooses to not see someone else’s posts—is under that member’s control. Two-way Ignore is like putting a hex on the other member, in which that person cannot defend his position. Furthermore, as happened to me recently, the attacking person can trash the other person’s post either verbally or via nasty symbols immediately before turning on both Ignore settings. It’s fighting dirty, and the sign of someone who has no legitimate argument, so he resorts to sniping and hiding.

It’s an extremely strange feature, and I’ve never seen it on any other forum.

I was somewhat leary about the 120 yd claim. I guess he could have zeroed in his scope at 120 yds but it seemed the rate of travel and impact didn't match his claim.
I could definitely be wrong, others that have videoed shots at this distance with a 22 would know better than I .
It is shot in slo-mo. I don't think we can tell.

Or perhaps we get rid of the block/hide/ignore feature altogether and just not read a post if it's someone that bothers you that much.
Not directed anyone here in particular, just found the 'block' thing a bit childish.

The idea that I would allow someone to emotionally damage me such that I would want to block and just not see their posts in a forum is an odd concept to me.

Edit... now lets see if anyone blocks me... :p

It is shot in slo-mo. I don't think we can tell.
Possiblly, but when compared to other slo mo shots on youtube the time is closer to 50 yds than the longer than 100 yd slo mo shots. And given the fact that he likes to overemphasize numbers I'd feel comfortable saying it wasn't 120 yds

Possiblly, but when compared to other slo mo shots on youtube the time is closer to 50 yds than the longer than 100 yd slo mo shots. And given the fact that he likes to overemphasize numbers I'd feel comfortable saying it wasn't 120 yds
What speed was the slo mo here and that you compared it to? My system let's me do any speed. I set most of them to fit a time slot and convey an idea, not a fixed speed.

We cannot block members from seeing each others posts. A member can block another member from viewing their posts.

Upon review, the Member in question exceeded the allowed warnings and is being issued a 1 week temporary ban from the site. Which should be plenty of time for him to acquaint himself with our rules.
Maybe and maybe not. Sometimes ignorance runs really deep....

Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 8.02.03 PM.jpg

What speed was the slo mo here and that you compared it to? My system let's me do any speed. I set most of them to fit a time slot and convey an idea, not a fixed speed.
Who knows?
We just take all the data presented, all the claims made, and compare them to other videos, and what the person claims it is. At this point we can see there is no practical knowlege available to us from the op. As far as I can see there is nothing that can support his claims and he continues to prove he is not experienced enough to say what he says to be true. If you tell me adding a heavier spring willl net you 30# more f;pe, I'll probably question you.

To give him credit that it was 120 yds after all that he has been proven to be questionable is questionable in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.