• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Banned question

Status
Not open for further replies.
In many areas, 16 is legal age to buy an air rifle, 18 for air pistol.
I'm 50. Kids can be pretty annoying. But there's plenty of people over 40 who sound just as bad as the person we're talking about. Running guns overpressured? "It's just a conspiracy to make you buy something more expensive. Let me show you how to tune it up, boy!"
Entitlement mentality? Talk to virtually any adult, and it's obvious where kids get it from.

For anyone wondering about the young person this thread is about here's one of his videos from his youtube channel he wanted ppl to checkout (it's a yr old, but he has newer ones)

He has removed some of the condor airgun videos he had posted, I don't see the one where he was showing the bottle filled to 3400 psi for more power (he previously stated on here he was filling to 3800 psi.
Reading his GTA posts I see he is still making 'unsafe and uneducated' decisions dealing with an item that can harm himself or anyone around him.

Ppl here defending his actions are misunderstanding the 'dog pile' effect. The mob mentality has come from concern for his life and the airgun field.

He continually asked for advice and then would ignore it if he didn't like it. Everyone was telling him his actions were unsafe, it's like seeing a small child running around with a very sharp knife and not being able to stop him before he gets hurt.

Exactly, so technically he should be banned until he’s 18 not just for one week.. many have us have reached out to him, I did have many private messages through here with him and thought I might be getting somewhere convincing him about his poor decision making with these airgun projects then he does a 180 and pretty much tells me to go F**k myself and I’m just a stupid, grumpy, know it all old man 😀, oh well I guess I remember what it’s like to be 15, full of piss and vinegar, knew everything and could rule the world 😂😂😂😂
I'll always remember how much smarter my Dad got between my 15th and 18th birthdays 😃

This kid has got some issues. If there’s no one at home with the skills to set him straight how do you suppose Conner can adjust his attitude? Perhaps with his own thinking that got him in the mess he’s in? Nope. He’s like a ship out at sea without a compass or knowledge of the stars. Floating around, maybe he’ll land on a nice island or perhaps get ship wrecked. Use your imagination and to think about what ship wrecked would like like in the Conner scenario. That wreck would have consequences that would affect EVERYONE here. Let’s not live in LA LA land thinking this can’t happen. One must assume the worst in all situations.

All it takes is ONE guy to get through to this kid. Look at someone like Mike Tyson. He was a little POS before Cus Dmato got to him. He surely would’ve been a degenerate criminal without Cus as a mentor. I had a similar experience growing up. My boxing coach was an ex marine and NYC firefighter. He didn’t put up with poop and he showed me how to be a man. Also, being in the ring and getting your bell rung(hit hard in the head) is a good teacher. It will humble your ass real quick.

I don’t mind people calling the kid out for being rude but it’s the twinkle toes that are battling this kid like they’re some 14 yr old bully. HubenSniper and trucker35 joking about the kids wiener is weird. Plenty of other things to crack jokes about use your brain or what’s left of it
The boy does a pretty good job making his videos.
Pretty good videos? I hope your being sarcastic, his video says lung shot but can clearly see it hit in the neck lol which we all know that hunt these tough skinned, hard head critters and know that it probably ran off somewhere to suffer before it eventually expired.

Pretty good videos? I hope your being sarcastic, his video says lung shot but can clearly see it hit in the neck lol which we all know that hunt these tough skinned, hard head critters and know that it probably ran off somewhere to suffer before it eventually expired.
He sure didn't show what happened after the shot. Leads me to believe it did run off.

I was probably 7 years old when I first started roaming the neighborhood and adjacent fields/woods with my buddies shooting at any wild critter unlucky enough to be within range. That's about the same time I started trying to sup-up my pellet/BB guns for max power. Admittedly, it was different power levels, though. But it was just a bunch of kids having a blast.

Point is, when did this become a sport only for adults? When did it become okay to bash kids for being kids?

Some of the posters here need to get over themselves, calm down, and hop off the soap boxes. You are taking this situation, and yourselves, way too seriously.

I was probably 7 years old when I first started roaming the neighborhood and adjacent fields/woods with my buddies shooting at any wild critter unlucky enough to be within range. That's about the same time I started trying to sup-up my pellet/BB guns for max power. Admittedly, it was different power levels, though. But it was just a bunch of kids having a blast.

Point is, when did this become a sport only for adults? When did it become okay to bash kids for being kids?

Some of the posters here need to get over themselves, calm down, and hop off the soap boxes. You are taking this situation, and yourselves, way too seriously.
So your 5 maybe 7 fpe gun that had a max range of 50 yards was highly different than this condor he has. That's why we're vehemently opposed to his stupidity. Would you want your neighbor having an 80+ fpe 25 cal shooting at anything that moves? Like maybe your cat or dog he didn't identify in the tall grass? How about it goes thru said critter and down into little Susie's crib in the neighbor's house and piecerces her temple? Shyt happens, we just want him to be cautious and careful for his and others sake. He is disregarding any of that. So what's the difference if he was wielding a firearm vs air rifle? Would you care then?
Point I'm trying to make is air rifles are MUCH more powerful nowadays. This condor has the same power level as some 22lr rounds out of a rifle.

Well when I was a kid we just had red ryders and 10 pump BB guns, and if you were a lucky kid and your parents had money they might have had a blue streak or silver streak, and didn’t have high powered 300 bar pcp’s that could possibly blow up in your face doing unsafe modifications.. I know what it’s all about being a kid and doing stupid stuff, I remember finally reaching the age of 16 and to be able to legally hunt by yourself, in small game season all me and my friends would go through like 3 boxes of shotgun shells each shooting tweety birds, seeing how many shots it took to knock down small trees etc… we were all young and stupid once

The boy does a pretty good job making his videos.
I was somewhat leary about the 120 yd claim. I guess he could have zeroed in his scope at 120 yds but it seemed the rate of travel and impact didn't match his claim.
I could definitely be wrong, others that have videoed shots at this distance with a 22 would know better than I .

Well when I was a kid we just had red ryders and 10 pump BB guns, and if you were a lucky kid and your parents had money they might have had a blue streak or silver streak, and didn’t have high powered 300 bar pcp’s that could possibly blow up in your face doing unsafe modifications.. I u swears d about being a kid and doing stupid stuff, I remember finally reaching the age of 16 and to be able to legally hunt by yourself, in small game season all me and my friends would do I go through like 3 boxes of shotgun shells each shooting tweety birds, seeing how many shots it took to knock down small trees etc… we were all young and stupid once
I was somewhat leary about the 120 yd claim. I guess he could have zeroed in his scope at 120 yds but it seemed the rate of travel and impact didn't match his claim.
I could definitely be wrong, others that have videoed shots at this distance with a 22 would know better than
I could definitely be wrong, others that have videoed shots at this distance with a 22 would know better than I .
I thought the same thing looks more like a 35-40yd shot

Reactions: Rickrick
He's definitely not very good (or maybe not very honest) at describing his videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.