Banned question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a guy who gets it.

Is it really appropriate for members here to dogpile on anybody, let alone a kid who’s just starting high school?

If you don’t like his posts, don’t click on them or respond, but this figurative death by a thousand cuts is vastly uncalled for.

And why the moderators allow this to go on is beyond me.
Alittle different when he's over filling a 3000psi gun to 3800psi. We're trying to tell him that's not safe and not to do it. Also modding guns beyond what they should be. He asks for advice but never takes it. Kid ain't playing with a red ryder but a damn bomb ready to go off by his head. Wish he would listen to us but he won't. So based on that we don't need his posts around for someone to possibly see it and follow suit. Common sense ain't common anymore these days.

ok then i have a couple of questions :

If someone puts you on ignore, does he just not see your posts or you do not see his too ?

also can you find out who put you on the ignore list ?

I though some members just left but i guess they put me on the ignore list :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Kinda weird that if someone puts you on the ignore list now you now can't see entire threads.

My three boys are in their 30s now. Even as a very attentive parent you can only do so much.
Like a fire and forget missile, aim as best you can, but once you push the button all you can do is watch.

All three went where they were aimed, but to this day when the two youngest are together doing stuff, ya better stand back!

If someone puts you on ignore, does he just not see your posts or you do not see his too ?

I though some members just left but i guess they put me on the ignore list :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Kinda weird that if someone puts you on the ignore list now you now can't see entire threads.
You can't see their posts or the threads they start. If they comment in a thread, it will just skip that post. It'll say reply #4, #5, #7 for example.

He's a kid. Literally. I think 15 or 16. Cut him some slack. We were all there at one point. Problem is, we try to converse with him like he's an adult because that's what we're used to here. Except he's not an adult. So we can't expect him to respond like one. Just my two cents.
Cutting kids slack, specifically damn near adult age teenagers, is one of the main reasons this country is going down the toilet. Accountability has been lost on the youth and now adults think they can just say screw it, not my fault.

Last edited:
Without face to face interaction with people there’s a lack of courtesy and respect. The internet allows anonymity and temptation to create drama without repercussions. Youth nowadays have no fear of the “knuckle sandwich” that their actions in person would of caused in days gone by…….

Alittle different when he's over filling a 3000psi gun to 3800psi. We're trying to tell him that's not safe and not to do it. Also modding guns beyond what they should be. He asks for advice but never takes it. Kid ain't playing with a red ryder but a damn bomb ready to go off by his head. Wish he would listen to us but he won't. So based on that we don't need his posts around for someone to possibly see it and follow suit. Common sense ain't common anymore these days.
The "dog pile" isn't uncalled for when like @Dairyboy said, someones life is on the line. Especially posting about it allowing other children or irresponsible people to read it.

He can't even legally own an air rifle so already hes posting about breaking the law.
Those are valid concerns and I’m sure they’ve been discussed in other threads, but not this one.

This thread exists solely to excoriate ONE member, and a very young one at that. And from what I’ve seen, there’s an awful lot of vitriolic invective leveled at a 15 year old by adults who should know better.

I must admit that sometimes I simply don’t understand the AGN forum. We dare not utter a word about politics lest we offend the sensibilities of those belonging to a certain party, but apparently it’s okay to have grown men Insult and attack a young kid.

Go figure.

Those are valid concerns and I’m sure they’ve been discussed in other threads, but not this one.

This thread exists solely to excoriate ONE member, and a very young one at that. And from what I’ve seen, there’s an awful lot of vitriolic invective leveled at a 15 year old by adults who should know better.

I must admit that sometimes I simply don’t understand the AGN forum. We dare not utter a word about politics lest we offend the sensibilities of those belonging to a certain party, but apparently it’s okay to have grown men Insult and attack a young kid.

Go figure.
Don't know if you've read his replies or dealt with him, but he's rude, and doesn't listen to the help he asks for. I called him entitled, which he is, like most youth. That's not insulting, it's the truth. If he was acting half way decent, he wouldn't get called out so bad for it.

He's an adolescent not a kid or a child, he is almost driving age. Soon to be an adult.

Why tolerate it now and then condemn when he's an adult? Meaning, oh poor little xxxxx is being told off for being a punk, but when he's that 20 year old jerk at the gas station who's rude to everyone, then should he be persecuted? Because if he doesn't catch on soon, he will become that guy.

As for what's been actually said on the forums, I don't know because I can't see his comment/posts anymore. I'm going off first hand PM experience with him. He came across as a spoiled brat.

Guess I'm just tired of these punk kids, God I sound old. I'm only 41, but the race to the bottom our society is in, it's mind boggling.

Don't know if you've read his replies or dealt with him, but he's rude, and doesn't listen to the help he asks for. I called him entitled, which he is, like most youth. That's not insulting, it's the truth. If he was acting half way decent, he wouldn't get called out so bad for it.

He's an adolescent not a kid or a child, he is almost driving age. Soon to be an adult.

Why tolerate it now and then condemn when he's an adult? Meaning, oh poor little xxxxx is being told off for being a punk, but when he's that 20 year old jerk at the gas station who's rude to everyone, then should he be persecuted? Because if he doesn't catch on soon, he will become that guy.

As for what's been actually said on the forums, I don't know because I can't see his comment/posts anymore. I'm going off first hand PM experience with him. He came across as a spoiled brat.

Guess I'm just tired of these punk kids, God I sound old. I'm only 41, but the race to the bottom our society is in, it's mind boggling.
The draft needs to be reinstalled. Be like Israel and require 1 year from everyone men and women. The youngins are getting more and more spoiled. Mommy and daddy can't or won't Discipline their children and don't even know what they're doing most of the time.

Go figure.
It may look that way, a little bit maybe, if you havent followed any of his threads. But please don’t condemn others for picking on a kid when you apparently are not familiar with the situation.

He is headed down a dangerous path that can only end in failure or worse.

The group had tried over and over to help him, but we cannot be his parents which is what he really needs.

Ignore provides the choice of standard Ignore or Two-Way Ignore. If someone checks the latter, NEITHER party sees the other’s posts. This opens the door to someone slapping Dislike on someone else’s post and then immediately using Two-Way Ignore so the person might not see what happened—thus is unable to reply directly to an attack. However, the attacked person can respond indirectly, which the attacker won’t see if still using Ignore.

If you can let negative or dumb comments go, Ignore isn’t all that useful. I only used it once on a different site, where someone was starting many threads every day (negative ones, too).

If I treated others the way this kid did my parents would have justly knocked some sense into me. Everyone was polite with this kid until he started being a little punk and talkin crap when he was given sound advice for the dangerous stuff he was doing. A few of us reported his posts and he got offended and called us liberals and then blocked us all. Lol your right we should just take it easy on him cause he's just a kid. Not! If he can't handle the truth he's got some real problems ahead in life. I wish no ill will on him and hope he listens and doesn't hurt himself playing with these airguns using them as they are not designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.