• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Banned question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any value in talking about him between members here if he’s not in the thread?

Maybe the village needs to discuss without intervention from the "problem" , as stated a handful of times, he was reluctant to take any advice he asked for and then was rude when people decided to debate with him as to why his thoughts were not going to go the way he thought they would.

We can only do so much here on the internet, if I talked like that in person to people and my father was around I would have been beaten, thats all the village I needed.

This kid has got some issues. If there’s no one at home with the skills to set him straight how do you suppose Conner can adjust his attitude? Perhaps with his own thinking that got him in the mess he’s in? Nope. He’s like a ship out at sea without a compass or knowledge of the stars. Floating around, maybe he’ll land on a nice island or perhaps get ship wrecked. Use your imagination and to think about what ship wrecked would like like in the Conner scenario. That wreck would have consequences that would affect EVERYONE here. Let’s not live in LA LA land thinking this can’t happen. One must assume the worst in all situations.

All it takes is ONE guy to get through to this kid. Look at someone like Mike Tyson. He was a little POS before Cus Dmato got to him. He surely would’ve been a degenerate criminal without Cus as a mentor. I had a similar experience growing up. My boxing coach was an ex marine and NYC firefighter. He didn’t put up with poop and he showed me how to be a man. Also, being in the ring and getting your bell rung(hit hard in the head) is a good teacher. It will humble your ass real quick.

I don’t mind people calling the kid out for being rude but it’s the twinkle toes that are battling this kid like they’re some 14 yr old bully. HubenSniper and trucker35 joking about the kids wiener is weird. Plenty of other things to crack jokes about use your brain or what’s left of it
You are basing a lot of you view on thinking there's no one at home to guide him. Pure conjecture, same as others. Being in your teens is no excuse for his attitude on here. Giving young people breaks and letting bad behavior slide "because they are young" does not help. Holding people accountable and showing consequences for their actions does not start at adulthood.

You are basing a lot of you view on thinking there's no one at home to guide him. Pure conjecture, same as others. Being in your teens is no excuse for his attitude on here. Giving young people breaks and letting bad behavior slide "because they are young" does not help. Holding people accountable and showing consequences for their actions does not start at adulthood.

I don't think anyone disagrees with actions having consequences, nor accountability...

People responding to some prick online by being a prick online is not the resolution, I personally like the block feature, I would rather ignore a prick and filter them out then be provoked into becoming one myself. It's not intelligent behavior nor is it 'course correcting'...and if you feel you aren't equipped to course correct an individual (or they aren't equipped), just block them out.

Talk about adding fuel to the fire when you respond to a prick by being a prick.. What example does that even set?

-Matt

The internet has given the kids a place to be whatever they want to be and say anything they want to say.
It’s easy to shoot your mouth off at people and be totally rude.
Us older members grew up with no internet and everything was face to face and you would never talk like that to anybody.
It seems like in these days the village is needed more than ever.
Hold them accountable, but don’t do the same thing by keeping the negativity alive.
Hopefully the person will learn, and have an accepting friendly place to return to.

As for me saying giving criminals a second chance that's fair. Not multiple upon multiple. Not saying he's a criminal, I sure hope not, but his attitude lends itself to becoming one. If he's this way in public towards people, it's only a matter of time authorities will be involved and down the slope he goes if he doesn't correct course.

@dens228 of course it’s pure conjecture. That’s why I use words like IF and MAYBE. “Nobody knows this kids past…” including me.

Based upon this kids interactions what would you assume his life is like at home? I’m assuming it ain’t like the Brady bunch
OR you could assume he's coddled and placated by his parents who provide him with whatever he wants. There's always an "Or"

OR you could assume he's coddled and placated by his parents who provide him with whatever he wants. There's always an "Or"
Whichever form of conjecture you choose to believe is insignificant compared to imagining why a 14 yr might want a 200 fpe air rifle. Which is my main point in all of this “conjecturd”. Especially a kid who doesn’t respect the sound advice of his elders. Sounds like an authority problem to me. Coupled with an intense desire to extract the most power from his rifle raises an alarm in my mind. Call me paranoid but it’s just the way I think after playing years of chess. I look to the worst case scenario(s). It has served me well in chess and in life.

Whichever form of conjecture you choose to believe is insignificant compared to imagining why a 14 yr might want a 200 fpe air rifle. Which is my main point in all of this “conjecturd”. Especially a kid who doesn’t respect the sound advice of his elders. Sounds like an authority problem to me. Coupled with an intense desire to extract the most power from his rifle raises an alarm in my mind. Call me paranoid but it’s just the way I think after playing years of chess. I look to the worst case scenario(s). It has served me well in chess and in life.
Been busy with life and missed the flurry. My guess is most of the above and remember we push performance. At 14 the perspective of balance has not yet developed. Lack of parental guidance doesn't help.

The chess player in me adds another possibility. Certain agencies use entrapment. What better way to advance and engage the legislative jack boot to hamper the freedom and training of shooters? Not saying Connor's the one but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that folks from said agencies monitor this forum and may be active shills.

Reactions: Farmplinker2
Alittle different when he's over filling a 3000psi gun to 3800psi. We're trying to tell him that's not safe and not to do it. Also modding guns beyond what they should be. He asks for advice but never takes it. Kid ain't playing with a red ryder but a damn bomb ready to go off by his head. Wish he would listen to us but he won't. So based on that we don't need his posts around for someone to possibly see it and follow suit. Common sense ain't common anymore these days.
And he’s under 18 and shouldn’t even own one of these rifles therefore he shouldn’t even be a member of this site and should be booted until he’s 18

I don't think anyone disagrees with actions having consequences, nor accountability...

People responding to some prick online by being a prick online is not the resolution, I personally like the block feature, I would rather ignore a prick and filter them out then be provoked into becoming one myself. It's not intelligent behavior nor is it 'course correcting'...and if you feel you aren't equipped to course correct an individual (or they aren't equipped), just block them out.

Talk about adding fuel to the fire when you respond to a prick by being a prick.. What example does that even set?

-Matt

I agree with this. Very little of what I'm seeing in this thread is adding value to this board. I just wish the mods would lock it, as well as any other thread that mentions the child in question.

J~

I agree with this. Very little of what I'm seeing in this thread is adding value to this board. I just wish the mods would lock it, as well as any other thread that mentions the child in question.

J~
When you look at this from a different perspective you have to wonder why a bunch of men on the internet are continuing discussion of a 15-16 year old that none of us actually know anything about other than his online persona as we all try to psychoanalyze and voice the proper way to raise him. Myself included. LOL

While i have no dog in this fight, I disagree with the must be 18 to join idea. This is Not a fyre arms sight and shouldn't be treated as one. We are going to police ourselves right out of the hobby. I know of a lot of young responsible kids around here that have a blast with their pellet guns.

While i have no dog in this fight, I disagree with the must be 18 to join idea. This is Not a fyre arms sight and shouldn't be treated as one. We are going to police ourselves right out of the hobby. I know of a lot of young responsible kids around here that have a blast with their pellet guns.
Reason I say 18, is we are giving advice to minors and they can see the posts of us tinkering on our guns. Pretty easy, especially these days, for them to say so and so on this site said it was okay. AGN could even be held responsible, along with the said member. Say someone who has upgraded their gun safely to a higher psi shows off the performance gains, and then a 15 YO boy goes and pumps his gun up to 4500 psi vs 3000 and blows his hands off...

I definitely agree about the safety issues, but where is a better place to learn about these things than on this site? I haven't been following the whole ordeal on this person so i don't know the whole story, and yes the younger bunch will do not so smart things at times. Heck i know a 50 yr old guy that says it hurts nothing to dryfire his hw springer, says he does it all the time when he's adjusting the trigger.
When my son was 13 he built up a 1377 into a great little rifle and read all he could on the forums. He knows more about it than i do now, lol.

When you look at this from a different perspective you have to wonder why a bunch of men on the internet are continuing discussion of a 15-16 year old that none of us actually know anything about other than his online persona as we all try to psychoanalyze and voice the proper way to raise him. Myself included. LOL

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm here to find and share info on the arms and ammo that I have on hand. This doesn't take any of us any closer to that.

Before I do something I always ask myself "What is the purpose of this exercise?" and proceed from that point. I can't find purpose in this thread.

Having spent thousands of hours training motorcyclists and shooters, I can offer this. If you can get someone into your presence and offer them an example to shoot for, you've been blessed with a chance to influence them in a positive way. It may take a while, but people will almost always come around. That's how we can make progress with people like the aforementioned kid. If he doesn't listen, then kick the dust and move on.

Ride on,

J~

...sure...some well-known people, however, never seem to be held accountable...

Reactions: jetpopt
Status
Not open for further replies.