• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Banned question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are valid concerns and I’m sure they’ve been discussed in other threads, but not this one.

This thread exists solely to excoriate ONE member, and a very young one at that. And from what I’ve seen, there’s an awful lot of vitriolic invective leveled at a 15 year old by adults who should know better.

I must admit that sometimes I simply don’t understand the AGN forum. We dare not utter a word about politics lest we offend the sensibilities of those belonging to a certain party, but apparently it’s okay to have grown men Insult and attack a young kid.

Go figure.
Are you sure he is really 15 or 16? There’s a Connor Holifield in MS who registered to vote in 2020 (yah, I looked). That would make him at least 20 today.

Love you guys, but this thread.....

tv.jpeg

I hope you didn’t tell him how to mod a 4 wheeler...
Nothing of the sorts🤣 kept it regular convo on.my side...his responses...off the wall everytime lmao...entertaining but...I'd hate to hear he learned the hard way...just seemed like that was the way he hlwanted to learn though😅

I'll throw my 5c in (inflation)... I think most of us will bend over backwards to help a newbie...of ANY age. What frosts my ass is rudeness, and that also is not age restricted. I think most of us understand that kids can be terrors and will do stupid things and even will discount good advice, but at the very least, dont be rude about it. A 14-15 year old is old enough to be polite.

All it takes is some common courtesy, or a show of true appreciation and excitement and I think most here will go above and beyond to help, advise, or even give away items to complete strangers that we may never meet outside the confines of this forum.

Ignore provides the choice of standard Ignore or Two-Way Ignore. If someone checks the latter, NEITHER party sees the other’s posts. This opens the door to someone slapping Dislike on someone else’s post and then immediately using Two-Way Ignore so the person might not see what happened—thus is unable to reply directly to an attack. However, the attacked person can respond indirectly, which the attacker won’t see if still using Ignore.

If you can let negative or dumb comments go, Ignore isn’t all that useful. I only used it once on a different site, where someone was starting many threads every day (negative ones, too).
Ahhhh I see,....well I think that feature is flawed then, fair enough if you want to block someone so you don't see his post but the 2 way is excessive in my opinion,........maybe the admin could fix that.

Youse guys are judging this kid and have NO idea about his past. Maybe he didn’t have the privilege of having a dad or worse yet he had an abusive dad who lacked good social skills, morals, manners, etc. Seems like MOST of youse guys had decent fathers that instilled a good foundation. Or if you didn’t you’re likely 50+ and should’ve learned by now.

I know it ain’t easy to be patient with a pugnacious kid. And for those who aren’t patient you’re not needed here. But for anyone out there who has some patience and time to reach out to this kid and try to mentor him it would make a world of difference. No one knows Conner’s intentions for delving into high power airguns but how about we assume the worst and maybe try to get through to him instead of engaging in a pissing match with a 14 year old. If it don’t apply let it fly. But to the jerkoffs getting in a pissing match with him cracking jokes about his pecker you gotta be effin kidding me.

Some kids don’t have good guidance at home and for these kids it’s the community’s responsibility to help steer him in the right direction. It takes a village to raise a child.

Four pages now dedicated to the kid who was here for 8 minutes and people say they dislike so much. Interesting :LOL:
He was unfortunately here a lot longer than 8 minutes and he was also around a bunch of FB pages for much longer that actually had ENTIRE GROUPS suspended because of HIS actions.

Everyone should get a little more informed on the situation before casting stones because the people who "retaliated" did just that, but alas, I forget, we are not allowed to defend anything anymore, everything is butterflies and roses.

He was unfortunately here a lot longer than 8 minutes and he was also around a bunch of FB pages for much longer that actually had ENTIRE GROUPS suspended because of HIS actions.

Everyone should get a little more informed on the situation before casting stones because the people who "retaliated" did just that, but alas, I forget, we are not allowed to defend anything anymore, everything is butterflies and roses.
The same people telling us to give him a break are probably the same that think criminals should keep getting another chance. How's that working out around the country?

The same people telling us to give him a break are probably the same that think criminals should keep getting another chance. How's that working out around the country?

The guy is being rude online, that is not very criminal...there is absolutely no shortage of pricks in the world, and dismissing rehabilitation of criminals isn't very humane, not everyone deserves a second chance but I'll be damned if no one does.

-Matt

This kid has got some issues. If there’s no one at home with the skills to set him straight how do you suppose Conner can adjust his attitude? Perhaps with his own thinking that got him in the mess he’s in? Nope. He’s like a ship out at sea without a compass or knowledge of the stars. Floating around, maybe he’ll land on a nice island or perhaps get ship wrecked. Use your imagination and to think about what ship wrecked would like like in the Conner scenario. That wreck would have consequences that would affect EVERYONE here. Let’s not live in LA LA land thinking this can’t happen. One must assume the worst in all situations.

All it takes is ONE guy to get through to this kid. Look at someone like Mike Tyson. He was a little POS before Cus Dmato got to him. He surely would’ve been a degenerate criminal without Cus as a mentor. I had a similar experience growing up. My boxing coach was an ex marine and NYC firefighter. He didn’t put up with poop and he showed me how to be a man. Also, being in the ring and getting your bell rung(hit hard in the head) is a good teacher. It will humble your ass real quick.

I don’t mind people calling the kid out for being rude but it’s the twinkle toes that are battling this kid like they’re some 14 yr old bully. HubenSniper and trucker35 joking about the kids wiener is weird. Plenty of other things to crack jokes about use your brain or what’s left of it

It takes a village to raise a child. That is so true, and especially in these times.
The village might need to be hard on the child if necessary to help correct things like rudeness and carelessness, but shouldn’t the village also remain open and accessible for someone to return to without excessive stress and shame?
Is there any value in talking about him between members here if he’s not in the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.