• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Banned from Extreme Benchrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was wrong to put this matter out in public . Got a lot of people upset that had nothing to do with it .
No. And too bad. Everyone competing deserves to know everything that's going on. What you want to know, or learn about, is up to you, but censorship shouldn't be. Let the chips fall where they may.

No. And too bad. Everyone competing deserves to know everything that's going on. What you want to know, or learn about, is up to you, but censorship shouldn't be. Let the chips fall where they may.

I agree with this as long as the whole story is portrayed, for the one side to omit a ton of info like it was, is pretty bad for the community ya know?

Here is how I see the situation:

Before the registration to Extreme Benchrest was open Utah Airguns declared their Team shooters as a participants of Extreme Benchrest 2023. All shooters but me were registered . The reason was *quote*: "the range officials were not happy about Nikolay being there during the current climate".
IMG_7641.jpeg

I hoped that this situation will be solved in a few days, but it didn't, so I wrote a message and had a polite talk with Robert, owner of Airguns of Arizona that holds EBR competitions, a week after registration was close. His answer was *quote*: "The upper management at the rio salado range where very disturbed at a Russian being invited to EBR 2022. ... Utah team has estimated 43 shooters with names that we managed to get registered. Yours was not on the early list. ... We have a waiting list that we have put you on but I cannot guarantee a spot."

Another quote from AOA FaceBook accounts told that:
IMG_7642.jpeg

IMG_7643.jpeg

As we can see AOA changed their position after I published my post in the Social Media and now tells that there was an issue with Rio Salado shooting range in 2022 only and as for now I just didn't make it into registration. So I decided to check the facts and I had a prove from UA that my name was in the list before registration started (the first print screen in the message). So I understood that Robert lied to me in at least one fact in his message.

Another fact check showed that it was not a Rio Salado shooting range decision not to make me in Extreme Benchrest:
IMG_7644.jpeg

So, the main two thesis that were announced by Airguns of Arizona as a reason for not letting me in (1 - "the range officials were not happy about Nikolay being there during the current climate", 2 - "your name was added too late after the event filled") didn't pass though the fact check and seems to be lies.

The fact is that my name was declared as a UA Team shooter for Extreme Benchrest 2023 before the registration started, but I was the only person from the team that was not registered as a shooter with no announced reason.

A successful shooter and winner of previous events has to have priority in registration in any competition. This is a matter of justice for achievements. This also has a benefit for the organizer that guarantees a level event with the best shooters in the world. Telling a shooter like Nicolai that he is on the waiting list is already an act of sporting and commercial negligence.
There will be people who agree or not, but the EBR without Nicolai will not be the same, also under these conditions.
I'm sorry but it's something that AOA can't justify without falling into contradictions.
Saying that the quota is full and that he signed up late is not believed by anyone

Last edited:
Here is how I see the situation:

Before the registration to Extreme Benchrest was open Utah Airguns declared their Team shooters as a participants of Extreme Benchrest 2023. All shooters but me were registered . The reason was *quote*: "the range officials were not happy about Nikolay being there during the current climate".
View attachment 377727

I hoped that this situation will be solved in a few days, but it didn't, so I wrote a message and had a polite talk with Robert, owner of Airguns of Arizona that holds EBR competitions, a week after registration was close. His answer was *quote*: "The upper management at the rio salado range where very disturbed at a Russian being invited to EBR 2022. ... Utah team has estimated 43 shooters with names that we managed to get registered. Yours was not on the early list. ... We have a waiting list that we have put you on but I cannot guarantee a spot."

Another quote from AOA FaceBook accounts told that: View attachment 377728
View attachment 377729
As we can see AOA changed their position after I published my post in the Social Media and now tells that there was an issue with Rio Salado shooting range in 2022 only and as for now I just didn't make it into registration. So I decided to check the facts and I had a prove from UA that my name was in the list before registration started (the first print screen in the message). So I understood that Robert lied to me in at least one fact in his message.

Another fact check showed that it was not a Rio Salado shooting range decision not to make me in Extreme Benchrest:
View attachment 377731
So, the main two thesis that were announced by Airguns of Arizona as a reason for not letting me in (1 - "the range officials were not happy about Nikolay being there during the current climate", 2 - "your name was added too late after the event filled") didn't pass though the fact check and seems to be lies.

The fact is that my name was declared as a UA Team shooter for Extreme Benchrest 2023 before the registration started, but I was the only person from the team that was not registered as a shooter with no announced reason.
I call B/S saying that the range had a problem with you! Seems your first assessment was correct! Just my opinion!

Reactions: RusBear
There are things missing in the story, and having spent time with RusBear at a few events he is a good guy and honest.

It seems that either something was lost in the registration, UA missed Russ's name on the list, or there is something else going on.

We tend to take things to the extreme and pick sides. And then people go blasting the other side because they don't want to be in the wrong.

Was the war in Ukraine legal last year during 2022 EBR? Is there any other competitive event in the USA that has banned a Russian citizen? Just a thought..
In many sports around the world, Russian citizens are prohibited from participating, especially if the competition is by country, that is, when they are part of a national team. However, in sports that they participate individually, they can. This would be the case, the shooters who participate in the EBR or another similar competition do not come as a national team, they come as individuals. Athletes are asked not to participate under the flag of their country and, if necessary, to participate under the flag of the organizing federation (as is the case with athletes in the Olympic Games who participate under the IOC flag with the EOR code because their countries are sanctioned)

Easy solution to all this

AOA chooses their top 5 shooters
UA chooses their top 5 shooters
Meet at a shooting range in a neutral state maybe Nevada or CA
Set up an octagon and fight to the death
Go out for beers afterwards
Loser has to drink Bud Light though

Mistakes were made by someone - accidental or not?
This is Life - misunderstanding happens every day.

Let's see how it is resolved :cool:.
how about everyone just go to one of the big wide open spaces and put targets out 100 yards or more and just have fun..
we don't need politics, we don't need to fight, just enjoy life and do our best to help others..
mark

What exactly did Daystate lose? Just curious. Thanks!
According to the records, Fx did not sponsor the event, which limited the spots available for teams sponsored by FX to enroll. Nikolai is associated with both FX and Utah Airguns team. If we compare his winning streak and preparation, it becomes evident that his participation in the competition will negatively "impact" Daystate if he aims for the gold. The probability of this happening has significantly increased since NEAC, RMAC, and Russian regionals. It appears that the organizers are engaging in a face-saving activity with the motive of preserving the reputation of sponsors. I strongly believe that if Nikolai were on team Daystate, the outcome would have been entirely different. This situation seems to be influenced by political factors, and the way blame is being shifted from one person to another indicates that AOA could benefit from the services of a good PR agency. Both Daystate and FX have become unintentional casualties in this crossfire. If you dial in the statistics, It will be a steal deal if FX takes away most of the podium finishes! Who will be the loser here? The interpretation is wide open for the public, and my opinions are strictly personal and are based on the facts available in the open. Thanks.

how about everyone just go to one of the big wide open spaces and put targets out 100 yards or more and just have fun..
we don't need politics, we don't need to fight, just enjoy life and do our best to help others..
mark

Okay, but don't call it "Benchrest" call it what it is. "Big wide open spacesrest"
Shooting-Table-850x491.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.