• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Banned from Extreme Benchrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karma,,, hold my beer,,, if this story is true,,,

but, but, but, 50 intelligence officers signed a letter, saying,,," he is Russian dis-information" 👈 this is humor,,,:)

thanks,,, I needed a good laugh

it reminds me of a gun store owner ,(true story) who accidently shot his own hand,, AoA, are you listening? to the wrong voices ?
I appreciate the effort at humor.

How much influence do you think AoA has in this decision if any? Does the owner set on the board of directors?, or is large amounts of $$$ given each yr. From AoA For maintenance, event privileges etc. That may influence this decision.

I mean ultimately it is a non-sanctioned U.S. for fun event and U.S. tax paying residents should have first priority to compete.

Reactions: 2D1C and Centercut
I wish an unbiased source would find out if the range actually said that.....

What I see here is two Giants fighting eachother and this is one of the giants move against the other. Not sure what giant made the move though.
You asked we emailed.....here is Rio Salado Sportmans Response

RSSC Office​

9:27 AM (1 hour ago)

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, we know nothing about this situation in the Administration office. I think this was the Airgun Division director who made that call. I have sent this to the club president to handle.

Karma,,, hold my beer,,, if this story is true,,,

but, but, but, 50 intelligence officers signed a letter, saying,,," he is Russian dis-information" 👈 this is humor,,,:)

thanks,,, I needed a good laugh

it reminds me of a gun store owner ,(true story) who accidently shot his own hand,, AoA, are you listening? to the wrong voices ?

RSSC Office​

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, we know nothing about this situation in the Administration office. I think this was the Airgun Division director who made that call. I have sent this to the club president to handle.
I was a longtime shooter at this range. I can tell you that more than likely. The airgun division President did not make this decision he is only going along with it. AOA played same game with me last year said it was not them. Then when I got permission from president to shoot. They come back with well you have to clear it with Greg the match director. So I had to call him, all because I called out a shooter for touching their target. Previously announced 3 times dont touch your target or you will be disqualified. Well that person asked for and got permission to change their target. The match director or air president who were both there. Never made any announcement to let us shooters know about it. So because of previous history with the politics of the situation. I spoke out very aggressively. I did not threaten anyone or do any safety violation on RIo range. However because I call the president to his face a liar. “Because he lied” I got band for life. Mean while a shooter from up north physically threatens another member and had previously attacked yet another shooter. He threatens for the second time and no life suspension for him. These are all facts and locals know the story. It is a political witch hunt and true colors are shining through. I have called this out over and over. So please don’t let one entity play god on your fun and hobby. They do not know what is best for you. Time for some BUDLIGHT treatment.

How much influence do you think AoA has in this decision if any? Does the owner set on the board of directors?, or is large amounts of $$$ given each yr. From AoA For maintenance, event privileges etc. That may influence this decision.

I mean ultimately it is a non-sanctioned U.S. for fun event and U.S. tax paying residents should have first priority to compete.
Where is the shooter that took first place last year using a Thomas airrifle from? Should he also be banned? Is Rio Salido subsidized by US tax payer money?

Last edited:
Reactions: Richieg

RSSC Office​

>--Classic "Fun-shoot" Fiasco :unsure: -->

RSSC Office​

>--Classic "Fun-shoot" Fiasco o_O -->

RSSC Office​

>--Classic "Fun-shoot" Fiasco :p -->

This Robert Buchanan with Extreme Benchrest. We learned of these concerns and allegations this morning when Nikolai expressed his dissatisfaction. Prior to this, Nikolai reached out to me for the first time in almost a year. It was late Monday night, a week after EBR registration had filled. Given that every detail except this conversation has been made public, I would like to share our exchange as it may clear up some confusion. At no point did I, EBR, or Rio Salado ban Nikolai Boldov because of his nationality. Extreme Benchrest is an Interational event and we welcome shooters from all across the world.

Text1.jpg
Text2.jpg
Text3.jpg

Note, the 43 I mentioned was early registration given to the EFT shooters from Utah, not specifically the official Team Utah.

I shoulder all of the blame for this confusion.

Sincerely,

Robert Buchanan
Extreme Benchrest

Status
Not open for further replies.