• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Banned from Extreme Benchrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official version is: "The upper management at the Rio Salado range where very disturbed at a Russian being invited to EBR 2022". Utah Airguns declared me as a Team Member for 2023, but hosts of Extreme Benchrest declined registering me as a participant.
IMG-20230802-WA0049.jpg

Here is how I see the situation:

Before the registration to Extreme Benchrest was open Utah Airguns declared their Team shooters as a participants of Extreme Benchrest 2023. All shooters but me were registered . The reason was *quote*: "the range officials were not happy about Nikolay being there during the current climate".
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-02 at 20.27.20.jpeg

I hoped that this situation will be solved in a few days, but it didn't, so I wrote a message and had a polite talk with Robert, owner of Airguns of Arizona that holds EBR competitions, a week after registration was close. His answer was *quote*: "The upper management at the rio salado range where very disturbed at a Russian being invited to EBR 2022. ... Utah team has estimated 43 shooters with names that we managed to get registered. Yours was not on the early list. ... We have a waiting list that we have put you on but I cannot guarantee a spot."

Another quote from AOA FaceBook acoounts told that:
1691067468041.png

1691067866908.png

As we can see AOA changed their position after I published my post in the Social Media and now tells that there was an issue with Rio Salado shooting range in 2022 only and as for now I just didn't make it into registration. So I decided to check the facts and I had a prove from UA that my name was in the list before registration started (the first print screen in the message). So I understood that Robert lied to me in at least one fact in his message.

Another fact check showed that it was not a Rio Salado shooting range decision not to make me in Extreme Benchrest:
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-02 at 20.21.03.jpeg

So, the main two thesis that were announced by Airguns of Arizona as a reason for not letting me in (1 - "the range officials were not happy about Nikolay being there during the current climate", 2 - "your name was added too late after the event filled") didn't pass though the fact check and seems to be lies.
The fact is that my name was declared as a UA Team shooter for Extreme Benchrest 2023 before the registration started, but I was the only person from the team that was not registered as a shooter with no announced reason.

Last edited:
The official version is: "The upper management at the Rio Salado range were very disturbed at a Russian being invited to EBR 2022". Utah Airguns declared me as a Team Member for 2023, but hosts of Extreme Benchrest declined registering me as a participant.
View attachment 377495
That’s horrible! Did they say they won’t let you register in writing?

I’m quite surprised I didn’t see the same announcement about the WRABF World Benchrest Championships in Pilsen Czech Republic banning all Russians from competition there due to the illegal war in Ukraine. How is what Rio Salado did any different? I’m not saying I agree, but just food for thought.
Was the war in Ukraine legal last year during 2022 EBR? Is there any other competitive event in the USA that has banned a Russian citizen? Just a thought..

Last edited:
Karma,,, hold my beer,,, if this story is true,,,

but, but, but, 50 intelligence officers signed a letter, saying,,," he is Russian dis-information" 👈 this is humor,,,:)

thanks,,, I needed a good laugh

it reminds me of a gun store owner ,(true story) who accidently shot his own hand,, AoA, are you listening? to the wrong voices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.