Banded pigeon?

Just picked this one off a silo. There's a website and a number on one of the bands.

1532876171_18084491105b5dd58ba054d1.07365301_IMG_20180729_103331866_HDR.jpg
1532876172_2897254105b5dd58c5ae713.11580685_IMG_20180729_102524316_HDR.jpg

I once had a banded pigeon that stopped here regularly to tank up on cracked corn that I set out to feed the birds. I saw the band on his leg through the scope on my Wildcat. I thought it was somebody's pet so I let him alone. I don't know how I noticed the band before I squeezed the trigger, but I did. I kept a few pet pigeons when I was a kid, but I never banded them. Neither did I ever let them out of their coop. 

Please don't allow my story to be perceived as a closet criticism. I've killed a veritable mountain of feral pigeons in my life. They used to be a plague in these parts. I rarely see any today.

Until last year here in Ca, Fish and Wildlife had NO jurisdiction when it came to feral pigeons. This meant that there was no season on them. The only regulation they had was you could not shoot pigeons on public property, to protect the pigeons people had banded and possibly paid lots of money for. However, in a pesting situation, on private property, they were fair game. All that was required was they were doing damage to the property. Fish and Wildlife considers taking a dump on your roof as damaging property. No need to feel bad about shooting a banded pigeon unless it is illegal in your area.

Releasing an animal that is on most every predators dinner menu and then hoping it makes it home safe makes me laugh. I got a bud that used to dispatch the pigeons at work and he looked for bands. He turned it into a challenge to see how far away a bird had flown to get popped. I'm sure some might find that offensive but such is life in the world of flying rat racing. Keep on blasting. 

Upon further investigation with my communist game laws here in New York. You are not allowed to take a banned pigeon. I need to relocate.