• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ballistol?

I emailed Balistoll. First they said Ballistol does not have a shelf life. Also said they do not sell it in a plastic bottle. I sent them a picture, They said the plastic bottle is close to 15 years old. They do not use plastic anymore because the plastic can breath and the alcohol can evaporate. I thought this was interesting so I shared the info.

Reactions: Singleshotcajun
I emailed Balistoll. First they said Ballistol does not have a shelf life. Also said they do not sell it in a plastic bottle. I sent them a picture, They said the plastic bottle is close to 15 years old. They do not use plastic anymore because the plastic can breath and the alcohol can evaporate. I thought this was interesting so I shared the info.
There's alcohol it it??

There's alcohol it it??
This is a email I got.

Normally, liquid Ballistol does not have a shelf-life. Plastic bottles are not airtight and allow the alcohols in Ballistol to evaporate and the product will break down over time. This evaporation / break down process takes around two years once exposed to air. Ballistol stored in an air-tight container has an indefinite shelf life. We normally guarantee our product for three years from the time of production. After a little more research I think this bottle may be closer to 20 years old. I've worked here for 12 years, and the 4fl oz plastic bottles were discontinued at least 5 years before I started.