Ballistol?

What was the storage container? Glass, plastic, metal? If metal might be rust as mentioned above.
It would be bad if there is rust inside. I sure would like to know. It would mean the product is :poop: and can't even protect itself.
I currently use it but if I ever found out that rust forms on the inside of the🥫, I wouldn't be purchasing it again. It would defeat the purpose of it, right? lol :D

1668496907667.png

It would be bad if there is rust inside. I sure would like to know. It would mean the product is :poop: and can't even protect itself.
I currently use it but if I ever found out that rust forms on the inside of the🥫, I wouldn't be purchasing it again. It would defeat the purpose of it, right? lol :D

View attachment 305620
Just like WD-40 isn't a lubricant, I'd argue that ballistol isn't Cosmoline.. ;-)

I love the stuff. After Hurricane Harvey I had to relocate my safes and toys to an non climate controlled building here in the tropics of Southeast Texas. I wiped everything down inside and out with Ballistol twice in the ten month period it took to rebuild our home . Everything survived in the same condition at the start. Great lube,cleaner and preservation.

This was a small plastic bottle with a flip up tip like lighter fluid from the old days. I dont think I contaminated it in any way. I poured it in a glass container to look at it and about a inch of it was solidified in the bottom. It is all in the trash. I have a new bottle I had ordered a month or so ago. Just thought I would share that it does go bad.

Reactions: Miami Airgunner
This was a small plastic bottle with a flip up tip like lighter fluid from the old days. I dont think I contaminated it in any way. I poured it in a glass container to look at it and about a inch of it was solidified in the bottom. It is all in the trash. I have a new bottle I had ordered a month or so ago. Just thought I would share that it does go bad.
That sounds real strange. I was picturing some particulates or small amount of grit. I don't keep it long enough to go bad, use a ton of it. Regards

Reactions: Miami Airgunner