• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ballistol & Dieseling/detonation

Well.. OK. I use brasso for.. well, brass and copper. I don't think it's effective on steel and iron. Did the patches come out dirty as if it was removing stuff?
Ya, i pre cleaned normal and just figured i try it and see . It did look like it broken / loosen up more black stuff. Gun shoots great after the brasso cleaning ..

Olny thing is i would be careful using it like getting it on blueing oe if a gun with seals it can get on .. it did not seem to affect the breech seal ( so far..lol) . Then i recleaned it normally to insure i removed any left over brasso residue and shot it several tim s too boot. ..
Anyway thats why i put im not making a recommendation of its use. Or a at own risk. That brasso cleaning compound is pretty mean .. now i wonder how well never dull would do.

But it did seem to do a good job . (R9.177 barrel).

Kinda wished id took pictures as a show and tell of it and the patches.. sorry ..