Ballistic Coefficient for JTS Pellets

Does anybody have the B.C. for the .22 caliber 21.53 and 22.07 grain pellets? They seem to shoot very well out of my Huben at 860 to 875 FPS.
I will tomorrow! Though I've been instructed by JTS that they're supposed to shot faster than the typical pellets because they have better stability at higher speeds (not necessarily a better BC though). But I'll let you know what I find out.

I will tomorrow! Though I've been instructed by JTS that they're supposed to shot faster than the typical pellets because they have better stability at higher speeds (not necessarily a better BC though). But I'll let you know what I find out.

Made me think of accounts from old timers about the similarly hard pb Crosman boxed premieres, specifically the .22/14.3. They say they used to be VERY accurate to 1000+, which is pretty dang hot for a 14.3gr pellet.

Perhaps a similar phenomenon is going on with the harder -than-JSB JTD pellets.

Made me think of accounts from old timers about the similarly hard pb Crosman boxed premieres, specifically the .22/14.3. They say they used to be VERY accurate to 1000+, which is pretty dang hot for a 14.3gr pellet.

I’ve been noticing the same thing while testing. Just wasn’t sure if it was the pellets or the newer barrels.

Plans changed. I need to stay home to sign for a package being delivered.

I might be able to grab some 50y data for these, but I think 100y data would be more useful.

Travis told me that they moved the COG (center of gravity) to allow the pellets to stabilize at a greater speed.

Still have 1/2 dozen boxes from a decade ago( D) die ..never tried them at that high a velocity
but i can test it

Travis told me that they moved the COG (center of gravity) to allow the pellets to stabilize at a greater speed.
The problem with pellets at higher speeds is not that they become unstable, it is that they become gyroscopically too stable allowing yaw to build up, as they are unable to turn to follow the trajectory and thus give larger group sizes. Couple this with the rapid loss in forward speed giving greater stability growth, and then you have problems.

Reactions: Centercut
I’m not sure I understand the fetish with shooting pellets fast…. No Pros, lots of Cons. Odd….
When you’re hammering squirrels out to 60 yards with a hauling butt hunting pellet, it’s as if not more impressive than shooting them with a slug. Plus zero aggravation associated with slugs. But as the distance eclipses 75 yards, now it’s time to bow down to whatever speed lets you print the best groups consistently. I will say and I didn’t plan to, with a .25 H&N hunting pellet at 935fps, my 100 yard groups out of a FX rifle and liner just plain shocked me. For whatever reason, it wasn’t too fast. Ironically at 120 yards, it all went bad. Very bad.

Does anybody have the B.C. for the .22 caliber 21.53 and 22.07 grain pellets? They seem to shoot very well out of my Huben at 860 to 875 FPS.
I got some 100y data for you, moving both pellets at reasonable speeds!

Of course it's based on the weather in my area ;)

IMG_3300.jpeg

IMG_3304.jpeg

IMG_3301.jpeg

IMG_3299.jpeg

IMG_3297.jpeg

I will say and I didn’t plan to, with a .25 H&N hunting pellet at 935fps, my 100 yard groups out of a FX rifle and liner just plain shocked me. For whatever reason, it wasn’t too fast. Ironically at 120 yards, it all went bad. Very bad.

Pleeease, do reveal which "H&N hunting pellet" gave you an acceptable precision, even "at 935fps at 100 yards."

I'm just getting ready to test the same thing coming Monday! 😊

Matthias