Ballistic air gun program like Chairgun

How about old school?learn your gun and mil dots

Many members play with ballistic numbers for weights, fps, etc that they don't have. It also allows estimates on different setups with slugs or pellets .

I'm sure there are lots more reasons those who are deep into it can explain better, but it is a time saver.

Many members play with ballistic numbers for weights, fps, etc that they don't have. It also allows estimates on different setups with slugs or pellets .

I'm sure there are lots more reasons those who are deep into it can explain better, but it is a time saver.
Yeah thats how I know use them. Just a tool to get some approximations and then from there record hard data. Nothing beats real world experience.

You can still download Chairgun Pro and some others directly from Hawke Optics here:

Chairgun Pro still works well, it simply is not supported anymore. I wish Hawke Optics would make it open source so someone/many people could keep it current with all the scopes/reticles/projectiles, etc that are available today. That way it would remain free and still be a nice legacy to Hawke Optics. Not to mention, I think it might boost their reputation and sales.

Last edited:
Yessir!

Screenshot_20220806-161530_Strelok Pro.jpg

I have strelok pro and Chairgun. I use Chairgun the most. You can graph upto four different projectiles and see immediate comparisons. I asked the developer of strelok about adding that feature and he said he'd look into it. That was three years ago.

Also be aware that the BC of a projectile changes with velocity and even barrel type. Real world testing is always recommended.

Reactions: BackStop
Ronald, 😊

🔸ChairGun for Windows should work just fine on your computer. Just download it from the link already provided above.

🔹ChairGun Mobile is very limited in comparison to the Windows version. And is getting more and more buggy, as mobile operating systems evolve.

🔸Strelok (free; for mobile) is a good program for use in the field to calculate trajectories for your shots as the present themselves.
Strelok Pro is worth the extra $10 (not sure of the exact price anymore).
Strelok Plus is only slightly cheaper, get the real thing, go Pro.
▪ Especially if you use the reticle to adjust your point of aim Strelok Pro is unbeatable — every week the developer adds new reticles to it — there are hundreds!!
▪ Extraordinary feature for longe range shooting — that require precise BC data: The app allows you to either enter your own custom drag profile (derived from your BC testing, this is Labradar's playground). Or, you can enter up to 5 different BC's — each cued to a different projectile velocity (cf. Bob Sterne's BC tests showing the BC variations with the GA drag profile when using JSB domes, for example).

🔸The new kid on the ballistic calculator block is an app by an airgun enthusiast from the UK, G. P. Conway: GPC Ballistics Applications.
It's a full suite, for Windows, Android, iOS, Linux.❗
Free! 😊
He did the app for the fun of it — and it has some functions that Strelok Pro sorely lacks, for example, BC calculations using the GA drag model, interior ballistics off PCPs, and other goodies, cf. screenshots below.

Link for the download:

Matthias

EDIT:

Updated link to GPC:

Screenshot_20220806-182150_BC Analysis.jpg
Screenshot_20220806-182127_MaxRange.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-181927_PCPFills.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-181833_Interior Ballistics.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-181812_Validate.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-181727_PCPFills.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-181646_BC Analysis.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-181622_Interior Ballistics.jpg

Last edited:
I have strelok pro and Chairgun. I use Chairgun the most. You can graph upto four different projectiles and see immediate comparisons. I asked the developer of strelok about adding that feature and he said he'd look into it. That was three years ago.

Also be aware that the BC of a projectile changes with velocity and even barrel type. Real world testing is always recommended.
Not to mention that Chairgun Pro is made to work with Windows. Strelok, not so much... it is mainly designed for "Android smart phones"... which I refuse to own. Too much tracking of my life that I can't turn off reliably with a "smart" phone.

Call me paranoid... until you get hit... hit with personal info you never knew you had exposed that is... and you probably didn't expose it knowingly... but who ACTUALLY READS the EULA agreements... (chuckle/heavy sigh)

Last edited:
Link for the download:

Matthias

Couldn't find the GPC Ballistics app in the iOS app store..or at the link above??

Just a heads up for folks upgrading to a new iPhone. I did the upgrade to a iPhone14..from a 7..and Chairgun disappeared..it can no longer be downloaded..and even it it was in you iCloud backup it doesn't restore..just gone..except for the app icon. :-(

Now the search begins for a replacement.