Baker Airguns reviews the Hawke Frontier 30 1-6x24, and why you need an LPVO...

Hi everyone! This is the Baker Airguns FULL REVIEW of the Hawke Frontier 30 1-6x24 LPVO. This video also explains why I think an LPVO is a great choice for an airgun. The first link is to the written report. The thumbnail is to the full length video. I suggest taking them both in for the full story.

CLICK HERE for the written report...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyDC8ww-8RA

I've really come to love LPVO's for shooting between 10y - 50 maybe 75y. IMO they're not made for precision target shooting, but such a joy to peer through and shoot at various distances. I'm rocking LPVO's on 3 of my smallest bullpups.

-Michael

Couldn't agree more!

I'm surprised they're not more popular on airguns.

I LOVE em!

-Donnie

Isn't parallax set at 100yds? So out of curiosity, how can airgunner's use it if we need 10yds and up?

Yeah, parallax confirmed at 100/yds. However, having used LPVOs before on different platforms, on 1X, most eyes will see something at closer distances "in focus". LPVOs are good for quick acquisition hunting applications with airguns, especially. Maybe not such a good option if you are shooting off a bunch at paper targets.

Isn't parallax set at 100yds? So out of curiosity, how can airgunner's use it if we need 10yds and up?

Yeah, parallax confirmed at 100/yds. However, having used LPVOs before on different platforms, on 1X, most eyes will see something at closer distances "in focus". LPVOs are good for quick acquisition hunting applications with airguns, especially. Maybe not such a good option if you are shooting off a bunch at paper targets.

Sorry I didn't see your question until now, josh3rd.

Mr. H is correct about everything.

100yd fixed parallax.

As he said, on 1x, you really can't tell.

On 6x you can tell out to about 20 yards or so....but the further you look the better it gets.

A repeated stock weld and cheek weld will help to eliminate any parallax error in your shots.

As you (hopefully) saw in the video, it did not affect my group at 50 yards.

An LPVO isn't perfect for every situation....but it's AWESOME for quite a few of them.

-Donnie