Baker Airguns, How I set up a gun/scope for field target (a guide)

Hi everyone! This is an instructional video showing you how I set up a gun/scope for field target competition. This will at least give you an idea how to get started. The first link is to the written report. The thumbnail is to the full length video. I suggest taking them both in for the full story.

CLICK HERE for the written report...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOHbibke3ug

Well done! One extra tip, I use adjustable rings Burris Siganture Series plastic inserts are my favorite to make my optic center of the scope hit my 15 and 45 yard paper targets. These 2 distances are usually near the same scope setting. The advantage of this is all scope clicks for closer and farther distances will "hover" near the optic center of the scope.

Nice video and article Donnie. I set mine up similar to yours but use 30 yards for my zero. I’m older than you and there isn’t any way I could see my dope card in the scope cap without reading glasses. I use one of the wristbands that football players use with the plays inside for my dope card. There are several pages inside in case you want to be really specific with windage holds. I just got another scope wheel this week and am going to try it with my yardage and hold point marked together on the wheel. I use MOA graduations instead of the reticle like Mr. Baker’s method so it will be easy to do. I am hoping by doing this I won’t be taking my eye off the target as long and it should speed my time up as well. Good luck to you and Mr. Baker this FT season!

Well done! One extra tip, I use adjustable rings Burris Siganture Series plastic inserts are my favorite to make my optic center of the scope hit my 15 and 45 yard paper targets. These 2 distances are usually near the same scope setting. The advantage of this is all scope clicks for closer and farther distances will "hover" near the optic center of the scope.

Thank you very much!

Yeah, adjustable rings are great.

-Donnie

Nice video and article Donnie. I set mine up similar to yours but use 30 yards for my zero. I’m older than you and there isn’t any way I could see my dope card in the scope cap without reading glasses. I use one of the wristbands that football players use with the plays inside for my dope card. There are several pages inside in case you want to be really specific with windage holds. I just got another scope wheel this week and am going to try it with my yardage and hold point marked together on the wheel. I use MOA graduations instead of the reticle like Mr. Baker’s method so it will be easy to do. I am hoping by doing this I won’t be taking my eye off the target as long and it should speed my time up as well. Good luck to you and Mr. Baker this FT season!

Thanks man!

Good luck to you as well!

-Donnie

Thank you for this video. I will be spending this weekend trying to get everything setup for my first HFT match here in Ohio. What do people usually carry their rifles in from station to station? Hard case? Soft case? It's the only thing I haven't figured out just yet. Thanks.

That's AWESOME man!

I'll surely see you around.

I use a soft case, myself.

Some guys build carriers.

Not many use a hard case.

-Donnie