• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bait for Racoons?

• Thread starter Deleted member 48013
  • Start date
Thanks for your replies. I think the sunflower seeds or some food that is staked down would do it. Don't want the bandits to do the take home meal. I have to check to see if my near the patio lamp post light gives enough light to be able to see them at 30 yards. I've got a flood light if it doesn't, but that might spook 'em. Eradication plan in progress!
Leave the light on at night. They'll get used to it being on and it won't spook them as if you suddenly turn it on.

Also, I have a red LED torch/flashlight I mount to my scope via a picatinny rail. Gives a damn good sight picture and they can't see the light. It never spooks them, rabbits, or possums.

I'm in an urban area on 1-acre, and Racoons are constantly digging up my mulch beds. I catch 'em on a Ring camera and they're always close up to the house. I wouldn't be able to walk out my patio door without spooking them off, so I want to draw them out away from the house out by my shooting backstop which is 30 yards away so I can shoot them from the patio.

Any recommendations on what to put out there to attract them?
5 cans cat food
Bout 12 marshmallows
Cold cuts
Mixed nuts
Peanut butter
Jelly

They like sweet, and fatty food.

Trap them. It's easier then stalking

Just to runn them off a buddy used a billy big mouth bass .

They walk by it and triggers the song and dance and scares them off..

Also theres that mr owl garden protector one that does about the same

Now with alexa ...lol

• Haha
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
ok. If you are really invested in this. Install a motion sensor floodlight over the bait site. Remove the bulb and replace the bulb with one of
those screw in 110 v outlets available from the hardware store. Plug in an old radio tuned to static inside the house, or tuned to music is fine.
When the radio goes off you know they are there and you can sneak a shot out the door or window.

Country boys can survive. Happy hunting

Doc

ok. If you are really invested in this. Install a motion sensor floodlight over the bait site. Remove the bulb and replace the bulb with one of
those screw in 110 v outlets available from the hardware store. Plug in an old radio tuned to static inside the house, or tuned to music is fine.
When the radio goes off you know they are there and you can sneak a shot out the door or window.

Country boys can survive. Happy hunting

Doc
Here I was thinking string perimeter with catfishing bells🤪🤙

This is my buddy’s setup….pile of dog food, guardline motion sensor aimed at the dog food, ATN 4k pro 3-14x with ir light and ABL1000, and a BOG Sherpa tripod. As soon as the motion sensors base begins to chime everything is set up ready to go and it’s showtime 👍

He used red/green lights in the past and has noticed there usually isn’t much time to get a round down range. With NV…..they don’t know you’re there 👌