• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bag rider for K&L butt

If you are handy you can make your own.

I used 1/8”x1/2” steel rod (Lowe’s), and made all bends with a hammer and a vice. It took some trial and error but getting angles, right but wasn’t too difficult. One important point though, I used a slight spring action/friction to hold the bar up against the bottom of the recoil pad, otherwise the bar would move. After I got the attachment the way I wanted it, I covered it with heat shrink tubing. I also replaced the screw with one slightly longer

It should work with any air gun that uses an AR style grip
1565100664_5937828705d498a785d9d76.70734097_DSC_0002.JPG
1565100699_535629205d498a9bd86176.16109688_DSC_0006.JPG

I've been waiting for the bag rider too. I'm not positive but when I talked to the owner of K&L about 3 weeks ago, he told me 3-4 weeks. I think it's going to be more like a bag rider on a PRS gun but I'm really not sure. We talked about it several times but I didn't ask him what the design looked like. I'm going to call him now to find out myself. I'll let you know.

Stoti

P.S. I just sent Stephen at Crawford and Lypt asking about the bag rider since I'm waiting for one too. He usually gets back to me within an hour or two. I'll let you know what I find out so you can decide which way you want to go. 

If you are handy you can make your own.

I used 1/8”x1/2” steel rod (Lowe’s), and made all bends with a hammer and a vice. It took some trial and error but getting angles, right but wasn’t too difficult. One important point though, I used a slight spring action/friction to hold the bar up against the bottom of the recoil pad, otherwise the bar would move. After I got the attachment the way I wanted it, I covered it with heat shrink tubing. I also replaced the screw with one slightly longer

It should work with any air gun that uses an AR style grip
1565100664_5937828705d498a785d9d76.70734097_DSC_0002.JPG
1565100699_535629205d498a9bd86176.16109688_DSC_0006.JPG

What size longer screw did you use?

Columbrine...

Stephen that owns Kraford and Lypt just got back to me and told me the bag riders will be released later this week. The price will be right around $65. Everything he makes is well thought out, designed and manufactured. I have the KLS-1 stock, the left handed, adjustable cheek rest, picatinny extension and an upgraded screw for the stock and love it all. The products all look great and work even better. I told Stephen what I wanted and thought would work best in a bag rider design, although I'm not sure if he took any of that into consideration. I use a bag rider on my PRS gun and know what I like and works best, for centerfires anyway. His description sounds like it will be a design that works well for sliding it up and down a rear shooting bag for elevation adjustments. I can't wait to see it. He is sending me some pictures as I'm posting this message. I will add them when I get them in a few minutes. I hope this helps. If you don't want to spend $65, I know the bag rider that Hoople made and posted pictures of, is a great design that many use as well. Have a great afternoon, Stoti

Yeah, call or message him through messenger. I talked to Stephen this evening. I can tell you that the bag riders will be available later this week. They look absolutely awesome, I mean really cool and look like they will function great too. However, I'll let Stephen show the pictures when he's ready. He said a few people got a hold of him today after seeing this post, so no doubt they're going to sell.

Stoti