Badly redesigned bipod..UTG recon

The first gen had 2 big screws one in the front one in the rear...you lock them up you eliminate the movement..
20210801_011948.1627795309.jpg

Second gen are badly redesigned they only have one adjuster on one side..
20210801_013132.1627795474.jpg

Ones that leverage is damaged by use it will no longer set the bipod in a fixed position..the bipod is unusable it will not even hold the gun ..up .. new gen of recon no good...just in case..

Reactions: SHOMER
SHOMER... I have 3 of the old ones to .. the have worked great .. no problems at all ..

MikeHunt... I assume that maybe if you can remove the tip of the adjustment screw..maybe is only glued..then you could keep rotating the one screw until it looks... I could not try it because I returned for a refund .. I purchased the bipod used I could not have more than a few months of use when I purchased a few days ago... n already it didn't lock.. when my other 3 have atleast 4 years..so far without a problem..

I had the same issue with my recon bipod. After some use, the throw lever would no longer lock the tilt/rotate. I was able to remove the lever and rotate it to a new position and now it locks up solid. Disassembly looks harder than it is. The cap on the lever unscrews allowing access to nut that the lever sits on. I used vice grips to unscrew the cap. Once removed you, loosen the grub screw on the lever and remove the lever. Then rotate it one position and then put it all back together. Hope this makes sense and helps.