• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Badgerland AirGun Association(BAGA) June 2016 Field Target Match Report

BAGA June 2016 Field Target Match Report

So we started of the day with mild temps in the mid 70’s but ended the day in sweltering heat around 95 and 70% humidity so it was a bear back in the woods. Not sure why, but that equated to NO WIND for the day. I mean it was literally 1-3 mph at tops all day long back in the woods with all the tree cover and ground cover that has only been removed for our shooting lanes. I wear a Creedmoor hardback shooting jacked with leather sleeves so I brought along my handy dandy party chair to allow me to take my jacket off after my shots but not lay in on the ground. That was all I could do to allow myself to wear the jacket to shoot.

We had 3 new BAGA shooters today and 2 of those 3 were shooting their first field target match. Paul Stakun joined us all the way from Florida! Bill Dickerson came in with Jeff Reinert from Trenier Outdoors in Sparta Wi. Both Paul and Bill were brought here by Jeff Reinert so thanks for helping us grow Jeff! The other new shooter was George Diehs. George saw my post on the forums and figured he would come out and see what BAGA has to offer. Phil talked him into shooting the match with us using our club gun that Phil recently set up. We had a .177 Marauder donated to the club and Phil took it home and gave it a once over and donated his own scope. Set the rig up for Hunter class and I donated a tin of JSB 10.3’s and George was off to the races paired with Phil today.

Bill Kushner came back from last match to scorch the course with a 50/52 and take top honors overall for the day. He only dropped 1 shot on lane 1 and 1 shot on the offhand/kneeling lane so he was on point for this match. Ron Weber and Boomer tied with 46 but Ron had already put all his gear away and was done cooking so he did not want to shoot off for 2nd place and suggested we flip a coin. Boomer flipped the coin and Ron called it in the air. Heads was the call, but tails was the outcome of the flip, so Boomer ended up in 2nd and Ron was 3rd.

Over in the Hunter class, Ken Hohenstein has been putting in some work! Ken only dropped 4 shots all day long and ended up tied with Phil Eakley for the top spot so a shoot off was up next to determine top honors in Hunter. I had them go down to lane 14 which was a 3/8” at 20yds and a 1” at 35yds. This lane is open to wind from the right side so I was hoping to get any wind to help with the shoot off. Unfortunately both Ken and Phil cleaned the lane 4/4 each. So I told them to go to lane 10 which is our offhand lane. I had them shoot the whole lane, both targets offhand. This lane is ¾” at 21 yds and 1” at 24yds. I had them shoot both targets 2 times, 4 shots total each and for the first 2 rounds at this lane they both went 2/4 so I told them for the next round it is 1 shot per target, 2 shots each until one wins. In the first round they both went 1/2 and in the next round Phil missed both shots and Ken missed his first one and hit his 2nd to win the match. It was a great shoot off and tons of fun to see it go down. 

After the match Ron and Bill cooked up some boneless chicken breasts and made chicken sandwiches with all the fixens. It was another awesome day at BAGA in Bristol, Wisconsin on a WIKKED hot June day.

Thanks to all that braved the heat to join us today at BAGA!!!!

Here is a list of the shooters and their gear.

Open

Brian Vandenboom...Steyr LG110...JSB 7.87...Sightron 10-50 **WFTF <12fpe**
Bill Kushner...Steyr LG100AZ...CP 10.5...Nikko 10-50
Ron Weber...Steyr LG100AZ...CP 10.5...BSA 10-50
Brandon Carroll...Steyr LG100AZ...JSB 10.3...BSA 10-50
Jeff Reinert...S500...JSB...10.3...Sightron 10-50

Hunter

Ken Hohenstein...BSA R10...JSB 10.3...Optisan Viper 8-32
Phil Eakley...TM1000...JSB 10.3...Optisan Viper 8-32
Paul Stakun...TM1000...AA 10.3...Hawke SW 6-24
Jim Guidici...TM1000...AA 10.3...Hawke Airmax
Bill Dickerson...Compatto...JSB 14.3(.22 cal)...Optisan Viper 4-16
George Diehs...Marauder club gun...JSB 10.3...Center Point 4-16

Here is a pic of the scoreboard and a link to all of the match pics from the day.

our Guests for the day
Paul Stakun

Bill Dickerson

George Diehs

overall match high, Bill Kushner on lane 11.

link to all of the match pics
http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/PneuSniper/library/2016%20BAGA%20Matches/June%202016%20BAGA%20Match?sort=2&page=1

Hope you enjoy!
Boomer

"I am not addicted...I can quit anytime I want...I just don't want to..."

BAGALogo_zpsa143bfe2.jpg

www.bagaclub.com