Bad Pellets

I usually buy my pellets 4 or 5 tins at a time. Bought a supply of JSB Diablo's in .25 and .22. Did not have a problem. I also bought some JSB Hades. The last couple of tins of the JSB Hades have been absolutely horrible. I then opened a couple more just to check and they are the same, terrible. Problem is I bought from a couple different sources so I don't want to mention anyone specifically as it's probably not their problem anyway. Anyone have a contact or can point me to someone at JSB in the USA to send them photos and photos of the can lot number. These might be a year or up to two years old sitting in my basement but I didn't get the only bad tins from this batch. They have had to have had some complaints prior to this. Ideas please. Thanks

IMG_2147.jpeg

IMG_2144.jpeg

Them pellets are pristine compared to the several times shot pellets I reuse.

I'm amazed how a chewed up by rifling , beat to heck skirts after shot several times in to a trap recollected and reshot again do .. ya, there's a flyer or 2

Pretty much lost count of how many times shot
thismorning25 3.jpg

And still get this at 10m
thismorning25.jpg
reshot 7+ @10m.png
picky,hatsan25,2ed-4thshot,pellets.png

I guess that gun ain't picky ... lol

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Well as an old fart I am going to have to eat a little crow. On the tin I posted I read the Importer was Predator International. I called, they answered. I sent them photos of the cans and pellets and spoke with Joseph Iturralde. After viewing photos and tins he is sending me replacements without being asked. That is a business I can deal with. Stand behind your product and I'm yours!

Them pellets are pristine compared to the several times shot pellets I reuse.

I'm amazed how a chewed up by rifling , beat to heck skirts after shot several times in to a trap recollected and reshot again do .. ya, there's a flyer or 2

Pretty much lost count of how many times shot
View attachment 401969

And still get this at 10m
View attachment 401970
View attachment 401972
View attachment 401971

I guess that gun ain't picky ... lol
Those fliers are probably the bent skirts. Lol.

Those fliers are probably the bent skirts. Lol.
His are definitely a bit extreme and Crosman skirts are also harder than JSB so that may come into play. When I tested JSB bent skirts they did decent enough at 30m. If you were using them for some longer range hunting it wouldn't be advisable but 50yd plinking, go for it.

His are definitely a bit extreme and Crosman skirts are also harder than JSB so that may come into play. When I tested JSB bent skirts they did decent enough at 30m. If you were using them for some longer range hunting it wouldn't be advisable but 50yd plinking, go for it.

Ya, you'd think being softer the jsb skirts would "self fix" as soon as the hard blast of air pressure hit and conformed them to the barrel wall so to say .

I usually buy my pellets 4 or 5 tins at a time. Bought a supply of JSB Diablo's in .25 and .22. Did not have a problem. I also bought some JSB Hades. The last couple of tins of the JSB Hades have been absolutely horrible. I then opened a couple more just to check and they are the same, terrible. Problem is I bought from a couple different sources so I don't want to mention anyone specifically as it's probably not their problem anyway. Anyone have a contact or can point me to someone at JSB in the USA to send them photos and photos of the can lot number. These might be a year or up to two years old sitting in my basement but I didn't get the only bad tins from this batch. They have had to have had some complaints prior to this. Ideas please. Thanks

View attachment 401959

View attachment 401960
Looking likely a good tin, sample to me 😉.

Yeah, at 1
Yeah, at 10 meters...

At 30, 50, 75 and 100 meters, my experience is that any deformation can cause not only inaccuracy, but also instability that causes spiraling. Especially at distances over 50-60 yards, but not limited to those long ranges if enough wind is present at particular vectors.

In my own experience, at longer ranges, skirt defects can and do cause problems, usually associated with spiraling, but spiraling is not always the cause of inaccuracy. Sometimes the pellet has a true straight arc, but is off in any direction of 360 degrees without wind being an apparent significant factor.

I am ONLY talking about skirt damage, not head damage. And yes, I have watched all the videos which claim that damaged pellets don't make that much of a difference. HOWEVER, damaged pellets DO make a difference as illustrated in every video or post I have seen. Some rifles may handle them better than others, but IMHO, most airguns do NOT handle damages skirts as well as has been illustrated.

JMHO, but it would be very hard to prove me wrong. All the evidence claiming that damages skirts (again, not even talking about damaged heads) is anecdotal. I have yet to see a truly scientific test that proves it as a rule.

In any case, if your gun really shoots hole in hole @ 50, 75 and 100 yards with pellets straight out of the box, GOOD FOR YOU! You are lucky!

All my best!

Kerry