Bad first stat with PCP air rile.

I won a FX Wildcat from Airgun Depot but currently rate this experience 2 / 10 (it's a 2 because I shot with the fill that shipped with the gun and it shoots great!).

First, it didn't come with an adapter so I can connect the portable tank to the fill probe. Not knowing anything about PCP guns, tanks, air pressure, I had to do a lot of research. Finally, I determined that I needed a Air Venturi Male Quick-Disconnect, 1/8 BSPP Female Threads.

I ordered from Amazon and thanks to their 2 day shipping, I go it today!

So I screw on the female end to the fill probe. Fits perfectly! The male end going into the female end of the female quick disconnect at the end of the hose, not so good.

It goes inside but the sliding thing doesn't slide back down to secure it. I looked at youtube videos and it appears once you stick it in there shouldn't be any difficulty with locking.

Do I have the right piece? Is there some trick that I don't know?

1567967388_9553212635d75489ca86b05.45772050_20190908_141815.jpg
1567967389_6410491235d75489dbd2835.18112457_20190908_141830.jpg

I really want to start shooting and enjoy this gun. I got my tank max filled and ready to go!

I've had terrible luck with some of the male qd fittings (particularly the PA/AV version) some work in some female fittings, many just don't (for me). I have JB tanks and hoses so I'll only buy these from him now. Every one has fit just fine. I can send you one of my extras if you want. Or, if you can find them (I forget the seller on ebay) you can get a fill plug with the male end milled right in it. But neither will help you tonight.

Yeah, I have some fill probes that are so hard to push into the female QD that I have to put the probe on the floor and push down with the QD while holding the collar open on the QD to get it to slide into place. Make sure that collar is locked into place before attempting to fill the gun or it may come flying back at you like a bullet. When you start filling the gun fill it S-L-O-W-L-Y and you'll be a happy camper.

Love, Live & Laugh

It's a short pony ride

Shalom

John

I had the same problem with my fill hoses. The male ends come in different configurations. Some have a larger locking ring around the probe and if the female end isn't right you will never get it to lock onto the male probe. Take the hose, female QD connector, and the gun's fill probe, to a scuba shop or paintball field shop and you can most likely get what you need to make it fit. It doesn't make any difference whether you change the female or male end, as long as the gun's fill probe screws into the male fitting. 

Regards,

Kindly 'Ol Uncle Hoot

PS: Some hardware stores might have what you need, but be sure to take your gun's fill probe, and the female QD fitting with you because there are more than one thread count with those fittings.

You can plainly see the difference in the male adapters in this pic. It is the same with the female adapters. Even ordering from the same vendor brought me anguish as the China parts would often fail to couple together. So now I just buy USA made Ninja brand fittings and adapters they always fit together and never leak.

None of these fit my female coupler all three have a different sized locking ring.

For some reason, the adapter goes inside and the slide locks with no problem. I don't know what happened, I tried so hard earlier.

Now, I have a new problem, I can't get the rifle to 220 bar. The needle seems to stop at 150. Should I keep the air going?

Sounds like your portable fill bottle has only 150 bar left in it. Did you win the bottle as well? Have you had it filled since getting it? Does it have a pressure gauge showing the bottle pressure? You said that the gun came with only 150 bar showing on the gauge, what pressure did you shoot it down to and how many shots did you get before attempting to refill it?

Sounds to me like you accidentally discovered that you have to manually retract the sleeve on the female quick disconnect side in order to slip the male Foster fitting inside. Then after you push the two fittings together hard enough, the sleeve should pop back forward under spring pressure to lock the connection. If you're not familiar with these, you may not have realized that you have to manually retract the sleeve before you mate the pieces.

For some reason, the adapter goes inside and the slide locks with no problem. I don't know what happened, I tried so hard earlier.

Now, I have a new problem, I can't get the rifle to 220 bar. The needle seems to stop at 150. Should I keep the air going?

Sounds like your portable fill bottle has only 150 bar left in it. Did you win the bottle as well? Have you had it filled since getting it? Does it have a pressure gauge showing the bottle pressure? You said that the gun came with only 150 bar showing on the gauge, what pressure did you shoot it down to and how many shots did you get before attempting to refill it?

The tank has 2000 psi now. I did get it filled when I first got it because it only had 2000 psi. I shot the rifle down to a little over 100 with about 20 shots. I shot it down again to a little over 100 and refilled it. Each time it won't go past 150.

The tank was part of the prize, it's this one https://www.airgundepot.com/air-venturi-carbon-fiber-air-tank-fill-station.html.

One of the specs says "Since the tank is filled to a pressure of 4,500 psi and the valve is unregulated, you can utilize every last pound per square in the bottle." That sounds like I should be able to use it all up.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, you can't fill above 150 bar with 2000 psi since both are probably within the same pressure range considering possible gauge inaccuracy. You will need more than 2000 psi to fill above 150 bar.

Ok, I think I understand. But what does it mean when the tank's advertising says that I can utilize every pound per square in the bottle? For a newbie, that sounds like the pressure in my rifle will keep increasing even if the tank drops 2000 psi 1500 psi 1000psi ...

After my research in the last couple days on air filling, I've reached the conclusion that all of these articles and video tutorials assume the viewers knows about scuba tanks, valves, regulators, etc.