Bad fire at one of my permissions

One of my permissions is on fire as I post this. I feel so sad for these people. They are a hard working family and to suffer this tragedy, I can’t imagine. This was my very first permission and I shot hundreds of starlings there. There were no critters in the barn, just hay. 

download.png
A98482A0-8C91-4496-9636-F3DD70433AEA.1639348441.jpeg

I was a volunteer for tewnty five years in a havy dairy area of Wisconsin. Seen many such fires. Mostly back when they put up a lot of baled hay.. As fireman our object when we got such a call was first to scure the area for poeple then animals. It was not uncommon to pump and work for close to 24 hrs at a large fire. Remember , the water is on wheels. Believe or not ,we would try to stop the fire at the hay mow floor becuase below that floor is where the money is. It was not un common to the see the farmer and neighbors milking in that bottom section as the smoke cleared ,cuase we had the crew and equiptment to clean up fast.You gotta love the deicated people involved. The op here would know first hand what I'm trying to say.

Ag based business is tough, low margins, you don't make a crop (or a milking) and your short a paycheck. We run a greenhouse operation, we were without power for 5 days during the Texas blackout. 5 days on portable generators. I slept in the greenhouse where it was decently warm, my dad slept in his diesel truck with the engine running. He was afraid his fuel would gel if he shut his engine off. We made it though, worked our butts off, made decent money this year. Not a 9 to 5 job where you can stay home when everything has gone to hell. You can't help to feel bad for these folks, a lot of heartbreak and tears are coming.