• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bad Air Fitting

Hi Folks I need to find another source for the Male quick disconnect to a female 3/8 BSPP for a Hatsan probe.

I just recently bought one from Pyramid Air paid just as much for the standard shipping as I did for the fitting and it has a ton of blow-by, so much in fact that it wont fill the air rifle. In fact I emptied 4200 PSI out of a 90CI bottle trying to get it to work with two separate 3/8 female couplings. I know these couplings work because I used them on my A-Rod and another Hatsan.

I was reading the reviews on Pyramid about those Air Venturi male to female BSPP fittings and a handful of people were cussing that part too! Yea Im a little perturbed no doubt, the shipping could have easily been half of the cost for shipping if they used another method...its almost like they want to use shipping as a way to squeeze more out of you as a profit center.

However, while Im in the process of returning this dud, does anyone know where I can get one other than at pyramid air? The reason I dont want to go with another one from Pyramid is because what if the second is a dud too?...that ouch more time wasted ping-ponging parts back and forth...I would rather just start fresh somewhere else while the dud fitting works itself through the system at Pyramid.

Any Idea where I can get this fitting?

Hi Marley,

I used teflon tape and only brought it into contact and just snugged it there after...the 90CI bottle I have is air venturi and those fitting seem to be ok; I have used the female quick disconnect on that air venturi setup on several air rifles without a problem. The air is blowing by inside the two fittings when they are coupled together...sorry folks for any kind of wrong terminology....I tried another female quick disconnect and it too was blowing air out where that male fitting and different female fitting was coupled together. ( I made sure the slip collar on the female fitting was fully forward on both female couplings)...That male coupling has to be out of spec.

Hi Daddy Rabbit,

I have already got it back on the way to Pyramid Air. It is an air venturi fitting that Pyramid air sells.

Here is the link:

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/air-venturi-male-quick-disconnect-1-8-bspp-female-threads-steel-rated?a=3550

It looked well made but I didnt walk around it with a pair of calipers to see what could have been any difference between it and another type of ( Foster?) fitting.

I first tried it with just the delrin seal and first thought it was leaking around the threaded portion, then I tried some teflon tape on it with and without the seal. Im familiar with the the schools of thought of not using teflon tape on a straight pipe parallel thread and not in conjunction with a delrin seal but tried it anyway after it kept loosing air at the coupling point.

After closer inspection and some soapy water , and the valve cracked on the fill bottle just enough for the air to escape ( without it just "gushing out") it was at the connection point.

Either I have bought the wrong fitting, or its some of that covid production

Hi Folks I got another air fitting coming its a one piece. I was just out in my shop playing around with the air bottle and I found a deadhead test plug from a hand pump, I put it in the female coupling and opened the air bottle slowly ( I had the air bottle up to 3000 psi) and not a bit of air came out....It had to be in that male air Venturi fitting I got from Pyramid Air.

Im not banging on Air Venturi too much here...the bottle and along with those fittings work perfectly but the fitting I got from Pyramid Air was a dud.

I probably could have added that washer if I knew about it but its back in route. Im kinda glad I didnt know about adding that washer....dog on thing should have worked from the get-go. Its a shame that a good name Like Air Venturi got trumped by a cheapo chicom test plug!