• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bacterial disease is spread by fleas that jump from raccoons, possums, rats ....

Chit, I've been sick bad, for a couple of weeks, with all these symptoms. Have 2 dogs that stay inside with me. Been having to kill possums that have taken up under my mobile home. 4 so far, and have an old Lady cat woman right next door, with feral cats everywhere. Guess if I'm not any better in a day or two, I'll have to go to the clinic. Bummer for sure.😖

I'm in SW Florida, and especially this time of year, if you go outside, you get bit by something! Kinda hard to tell what. I know I have not seen any fleas in my home, or on my dogs. They both get a once a month Revolution treatment. But when outside, I get bit by all kinds of things, skeeters, no-see-ums, fire ants, horse flys, and the occasional fuzzy caterpillar. And with the cat woman next door, I know there are fleas around. None of her cats get any kind of treatment. She just pours food outside in a bowl, and they come from everywhere. There have been a few mysteriously disappear, but there are too many, and kittens dropping too. So sad.

Let us not forget the nasty Tick nor the villain mosquito...above I was trying to say thew Black Plague.....Right after WW1 there was a "killer flu" .

For over 40 years I have been getting flu shots.....they do work......for me.and a lot of others It is that time of year.

The poor guy almost died,he did survive,it took a lot of investing to find the cause....it turned out to be a dead raccoon that polluted a stream that the guy had took a drink from.....

I'm in SW Florida, and especially this time of year, if you go outside, you get bit by something! Kinda hard to tell what. I know I have not seen any fleas in my home, or on my dogs. They both get a once a month Revolution treatment. But when outside, I get bit by all kinds of things, skeeters, no-see-ums, fire ants, horse flys, and the occasional fuzzy caterpillar. And with the cat woman next door, I know there are fleas around. None of her cats get any kind of treatment. She just pours food outside in a bowl, and they come from everywhere. There have been a few mysteriously disappear, but there are too many, and kittens dropping too. So sad.

What a shame about the cats. See if there is a private cat rescue in your area. They may have a trap/spay (neuter)/release program. The group here is called the Feral Cat Coalition.

In addition to spay/neuter, they also take care of any medical issues before releasing. Non-feral, homeless cats that are trapped are typically placed up for adoption.