Backyard Trophy

I've been pissed off all day, early this morning I shot at a big rat at 39yrds.I swore I hit him. Went to get him and he wasnt to be found. He was on my back fence, I assumed he made it to the neighbors side. I didnt have my micro disk in my pard so I didnt record it. So tonight before going to bed, I decided to check for activity. I saw an eyeball glowing, put the crosshairs on his head, squeezed off a shot and nailed him. He danced a jig and I thought I was going to lose him under the fence, so I put another one in him. Went out to get him and turns out it's the same rat I hit this morning, he has a wound high up on his back and the killing shot in his ear! I'm happy now. I hate losing any animal I've shot.
Screenshot_20231201-230614_Gallery.jpg

20231201_230033.jpg

Attachments

• PARD_20231201_091723_1.gif
    PARD_20231201_091723_1.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Sweet that the rat gave you a second opportunity. It probably felt bad that you were disappointed in missing with first, sent pellet.🤓🫡
Oh Im sure he felt bad from my poorly place shot, but not bad for me. It was dark and foggy, so I aimed at center mass. I take pride in head shots at the distance I'm shooting. The back bedroom is set up with a bench, rifle rest and a window with a cut out to shoot through.I could never make the shots I do "offnand"

Reactions: L.Leon
I haven't seen a rat that big since I left Chicago. There were bunches of them in the alleys. The city would put out rat packets and nail warnings on all the utility poles. The rats loved the stuff. They ate it and grew bigger. I swear some of them were as big as small cats.
Hes a good one but I have killed bigger. 19" is my personnel best that I have picture proof.